Question Skeeter 250ZX cover

What are the best trailerable covers out there? I don't feel like spending $1,100 on the Skeeter cover! Thanks

2. Member
    That is about what good trailerable covers will cost you. Lots of people like aurora canvas. I personally was unhappy with them, but lots of folks use them.

3. Member
    What about the ones in Bass Pro for like $300......junk???

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WI-Bassin View Post
    What about the ones in Bass Pro for like $300......junk???
    I don't have any experience with those, but they are generically (if that is a word) made and will not fit your boat as well. That could be a problem if you want to trailer your boat with the cover on. Contact aurora and ask them what it will cost. They have 3 material options available. You may be able to get the lowest option for around $600 but I am not sure. If you do choose to use aurora MAKE SURE YOU TELL THEM YOU WANT IT TO BE TRAILERABLE, AND YOU DON'T WANT IT FITTED TO HAVE THE TWO PEDASTAL SEATS IN.

5. Member
    nationalboatcovers.com has some good covers that are not as expensive as your normal trailerable covers. I have one for my Triton right now and it works fine. It take a few minutes to strap but works as good as you could hope for a semi-custom fit. I am about to buy a Skeeter and I am getting the Skeeter custom cover for convenience. I pull my boat almost every weekend 2+ hours.
    2021 Bass Cat Eyra w/ 300 Mercury Pro XS

6. Member
    All covers have plus and minus...The inexpensive ones that are generic have much more minus than plus especially in the rain...when they puddle up and hold water with almost no way to get the boat uncovered without soaking somebody. The Skeeter factory ordered cover that you are speaking of has a few drawbacks and design flaws. I have a 2016 zx225 and do not like my Skeeter cover....first off it is black...second off it does not breath well, third off it bakes the boat when stored in the sun, forth off the buckles in the back are bare metal and tend to ding the gel coat if you are not careful, last but not least...the velcro flaps that encase the ratchet straps should fold upward instead of downward...if stored outside when rain comes the water seeps into the velcro pocket and corrodes the bare metal ratchets inside...for $1,100.00 Skeeter could have done better! I frequent a campground that is 1 1/2 hours from our home and our camper is permanent there...I have discovered that I cannot leave my boat there beside the camper at any point any longer and have to tow it home to store it in my shop...my drivers windshield actually melted while I left it there from one weekend to the next this summer...and I am not in Florida or out in the dessert by any means...Ne Georgia! Best of luck to you in making the right decision...hope this info helps!

7. Member
    Thanks everyone. I have some thinking to do.
    I'm leaning toward the custom skeeter cover now.

8. Member
    go with the Skeeter cover! I did on my 2015 ZX 250 when I bought it new and it has been a very good cover.

9. triton
    I have a brand new Skeeter cover in the box that I could make you a really good deal on...Pm me
    if your interested.....

CARL MAYER
    SKEETER FX20 2016
    BARRYVILLE NY 12719

2023 FORD RAPTOR

10. Member
    I am shopping for a cover for zx225. Just wanted to confirm yours is for the zx250
    Thanks

The shipping cover provides the best protection. It just doesn't look as cool going down the road. You can usually get them for free if you ask a dealer.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

12. Member
    That's exactly what my dealer told me. I usually don't use the cover while on the road so the shipping cover will work fine for the time being.

Get another one if you can. They are surprisingly hard to come by. It's always good having a spare, especially when it's free.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225