New Quantum Accurist PT Spinning reel loses drag in colder weather

Hi guys,

UPDATED***

So it would appear that I am an idiot on this one... The drag wasn't slipping, the braid was despite being tied to backing and it only would slip in colder weather. First off Quantum customer support is AMAZING and were ready to get this shipped to them and tested. I wanted to test the reel one last time before sending it and this weekend I had a chance to go fishing in 35F weather on Sunday, so I took the reel along. Checked the drag, made sure everything was super tight and everything was perfect. So I head out and a couple hours in I get a lull in the bite so I decide to check the reel... pick it up and give it a tug, and sure enough line just comes peeling out, no drag. And then I notice the drag adjustment knob isn't moving when I pull the line... the spool isn't moving either. It's the friggin line slipping. I couldn't believe it... this is the ONLY reel I didn't spool on my usual Power Pro Slick on and somehow the backing didn't hold and the damn braid is slipping only when it's cold.

So yeah, I'm a goof. Thanks to the guys that wanted to help me with this, I really appreciate it and sorry for wasting anyone's time.

Dan
    Last edited by DanR; 10-29-2018 at 03:19 PM.