Jig Storage ideas

Hey all,

I’m hoping to get some ideas for jig storage. I don’t have a ton of storage on the boat and wondering what other guys are using. I currently have an old school bass pro shops spinnerbait/jig binder that works well but it’s getting old and was discontinued a long time ago. Too bad, it was a great system for jigs and takes up very little room. Not sure if there are similar alternatives out there so any thoughts or advice is much appreciated.

Thank you

2. Member
    I got those Plano 3700 jig/spinner bait boxes

3. Member
    Plano Pro Latch Utility Box 3701
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

4. Member
    Pretty simple. One 3700 for the jig heads and one kitchen zip bag for the trailers. Thats all that's in my storage box

Quart size freezer ziplock is how I store mine.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Nothing fancy, just some 3700 boxes. One for flipping and casting jigs, one for finesse, one for football and swim jigs.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

If you liked the wrap check out Academy they still have some nice ones.
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

I use a 3700 size box that has enough dividers to make 2” compartments. Holds about 80-100 jigs.

9. Member
    I saw the Bass Mafia jig box that was broken up with small compartments for one jig in each, not paying for that box. Found that the Bass Pro 370 had many more slots than the plano 3700 so using it with more dividers from spare boxes to put one jig in each slot. For football jigs I use the Plano 3730
    Charles Prue - Linthicum Heights, MD
    2003 Champion 206 Elite - 250 VMax

10. Member
    Plano 3600 or 3700 series boxes. Depends on how much storage you have and how many jigs you have

11. Member

I like this jig box. This box keeps them them super organized but they ain’t cheap.

Gruv fishing is who makes them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

12. Member
    Ziplock Baggies, Wal-Mart $2

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

I see no need to have a separate box for each individual jig. I mix them all up loosely based on type of jig...football, flippin', finesse etc. Then they are even more loosely arranged by the basic color...Blk/Blu, green, brown, etc.

I know it looks like a disorganized mess but it works for me. I may have an idea in mind of what I want but once I dig into my box, I may have a better idea. I do all my soft plastic the same way....different brands arranged by type and color. It keeps me from only fishing the last thing I caught something on, and using baits that maybe haven't been used in some time or even new ideas for stuff that doesn't get use much.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

14. Member
    3700 with 8 colors/material, about 12-18 of each color and 3700 full of trailers in 3-4 colors. Keep it simple and you know when you are running low so you can re-stock.

15. Member
    Thanks for all the input fellas. It's much appreciated and one of the reasons this is still the best resource for fishing.

16. Member
    I use an old peanut butter jar. I throw the same jig 90% of the time and it is so much easier than storing another Plano box.

17. Banned
    Is there a 5Below™ in Your neck of the woods? It is like the DollarTree™ but everything is $5.00 or below. It was the first time I'd seen one and walked in and they had a plethora of crap but high grade crap.

I only mention this because I got most of My tackle storage at the DollarTree™ They've got sturdy plastic boxes that slide into a larger one. I will be doing an 'upgrade'.

If You do decide You want to do the traditional plastic lure box, Lowes™ has different sizes. I'd also suggest getting the Silica™ packets to keep dampness to a minimum..

https://www.fivebelow.com

18. Member
    Plano 3700

Bass Mafia 3700
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

20. Member
    I use a bass mafia 3700 double deep. I can make a lot of small compartments and store multiples of each jig because of the depth of the box. It might look a bit disorganized but i know where each weight/color/style are stored. I dont know how many jigs are in there but the box weighs 10-20lbs. It works for me
    They aint got hands, set the hook