Mike Lamb

Xpress questions

I am looking at making the move from my Ranger to xpress x19. One thing I was wondering is can you or do you use shoot thur the hull transducers? I really dont want the main transducer sticking out from the back of the boat. the other transducer will be on the jack plate.
    Michael Lamb
    2017 / Ranger 518c 200 Mercury Pro XS
    Raleigh, NC

2. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    I haven't tried it but there is a sticky at the top that says you can. I run with my map on the screen, seeing as the transducer reading depth is the last thing the ground will find.
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

3. Mike Lamb
    I do that also right now. split screen. but I also fish places that I dont want something hanging off the back of the boat. I am not so worried about reading depth at speed. More of protection when in the trees or grass.
    Michael Lamb
    Raleigh, NC

4. Member
    I installed a thru hull transducer on my 2005X21 LE for a Lowrance unit. It worked great for both low and high speeds(over 70 mph). The only problem with the installation was getting accessto the bilge area to clean the bilge, apply the epoxy, and set thetransducer. There just wasn't a lot of room to work in the bilge areabecause the fuel tank, fuel lines, wiring harnesses, and pumps & hoses thatwere in the way. Fishing the cable from the bilge to the console wasn'tfun, either! When the Lowrance died, I couldn't justify the amount ofwork I'd have to invest to install a new thru hull transducer.

My advice is to look in the bilge area of an X19and decide if this is something you really want to tackle. Otherwise. you may want to pay someone to dothe installation.

5. Mike Lamb
    Thanks. when I order it that will be one of the things I will let them know I want. Not a big fan of having holes drilled into the boat. now the 3in1 will go on the jack plate but that will not be used at high speed
    Michael Lamb
    Raleigh, NC

Mike when you get that X boat....take me for a spin. I have not had anyone yet sorta local that owns one take me for a ride. I still am interested in them but holding off for a year or 2 to let this crazy supply chain either get better or break.

7. Mike Lamb
    That sounds good. If I can get the boat sold by spring I will be picking one up. Not really want what they put on the back of the boat. Would rather have Merc 4stroke. But very interested and setting up my wish list.
    Michael Lamb
    Raleigh, NC