Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Dias View Post
    Difficult to ascertain from that, as there is a nice oval-shaped LIGHT reflection present.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

2. Member
    I thought that was the stain, but now that you mention light...

I had similar discoloration on my 300 verado where the exhaust exits lower on the black paint. I tried everything to remove it but couldn't.

4. Banned
    I’ll try this again.

Heat stains from the exhaust. Verados and other FourStroke models have done it for years.

Now I know why they paint the racing lower silver. When they run high out of the water, there is little cooling on the exhaust exit from passing water and thus the heat stain. Cant see it with silver lower.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Shows on the silver too... much depends on how the engine is being run (temps, RPM ranges, etc).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member

standerd 175

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelman View Post
    Just curious if you went with the standard 175 4-stroke because of your older boat having mechanical controls? I just noticed the 175 Pro XS appears to be only available in DTS form, is that correct?
    When I ordered my motor the pro xs was not out yet. and I also use all my controls. saved me a lot of $$$$.

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    175 ProXS is available in Mechanical version.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    175 ProXS is available in Mechanical version.
    Thank you didn't see it listed on the non sponsors website and only a DTS ECU was listed on parts diagram is why I asked.
    Last edited by Wheelman; 11-02-2018 at 05:28 PM.

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Two MECHNICAL Models (Depending on Gearcase chosen): 11750001A and 11750003A

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12