Thread: reed

reed

Got my ultrex reed working.You can just feel under the pedal and move reed up.When I did mine it worked fine.But noticed a slight noise in the motor.The blade did not turn about half the time.But if I turned the blade with my finger it would work off the button. Is this because it was out of the water.

2. Member
    Not sure I'm following you with the "finger" deal. What I'm reading is that when you push the button to activate the motor, sometimes nothing would happen or there would be a slight "noise" in the motor. Then you could reposition the prop and the motor would run. If this is true, see if there is one position the prop has to be in for it not to work. Sounding like possibly an open armature.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

3. Member
    my ultrex gets to one spot and when I try my foot pedal blade will not turn. I just turn the blade with my finger about 1/4 inch and it runs. If the armature is bad is it coverd by my warranty. Also how can I tell if it is bad.

4. Member
    The armature will be covered under warranty. If I'm reading correctly, sounds like you have an open armature and should be taken to an ASC
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

In the water or out of the water? The prop shouldn’t turn at all out of the water. Or more precisely it shouldn’t turn at all when in Stowed position.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex