Tallahassee, FL to Dillard, GA

Ah, cool weather. We left the Florida heat yesterday and pulled the trailer to River Vista RV Resort in Dillard, GA. It is glorious up here in the mountains in spite of a little rain. I actually had to turn on the heat this morning.

Hurricane Michael took down about a third of the pecan trees we saw between Tallahassee and Cordele, GA. I think I will order some pecans from Edwin Evers when I get back home.

This RV park is beautiful and immaculate. The sites are almost all gravel but pretty level. We feel like poor relations in our 24' Jayco trailer parked between Winnebagos and Phaetons.
    Last edited by Olebiker; 10-17-2018 at 01:02 PM.
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

2. Member
    Welcome to mountain living, a different world!

3. Banned
    We keep our RV just east of Helen, GA--southwest of you. The region has incredible trout fishing. I know one pool on that has hundreds of trout over 10 lbs.--on the Socque River outside of Batesville. In GA, owners of both sides of a trout stream can prohibit fishermen from tresspassing on their property. The town of Hiawassee is on islands in the middle of Chatuge Lake, west of Clayton. And Lake Burton is also closeby with a number of incredible homes going up to $10 million. We also like to visit Highlands, NC which is 10 miles from you up on the mountain.

You're just a short distance from the very wild Chattooga River. That's where Deliverance was filmed. Be sure to listen for dueling banjos in the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    We keep our RV just east of Helen, GA--southwest of you. The region has incredible trout fishing. I know one pool on that has hundreds of trout over 10 lbs.--on the Socque River outside of Batesville. In GA, owners of both sides of a trout stream can prohibit fishermen from tresspassing on their property. The town of Hiawassee is on islands in the middle of Chatuge Lake, west of Clayton. And Lake Burton is also closeby with a number of incredible homes going up to $10 million. We also like to visit Highlands, NC which is 10 miles from you up on the mountain.
    We stopped at a place called Mark of the Potter on the Soque River. I wonder if that is the spot you are talking about with the great number of huge trout. They sell food in a vending machine for tourists like us to throw into the river and watch the fish feed. We were headed to Hiawassee this morning and my friend's GPS took us on a gravel Forest Service road called Wildcat Road. Frank's little Ford was just able to make it over the road until we got to the end of the road. The GPS was wrong. The road did not go all the way over the mountain into Hiawassee. We had to turn around and go back the way we came. It was a beautiful little adventure.

We had lunch in Hiawassee and got to check out Lake Chatuge. It is very low.
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Dick, you need to have dinner at the Dillard House!

Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Dick, you need to have dinner at the Dillard House!
    We ate there last night. I enjoyed breakfast there more than dinner.