Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    We had a grey rat AKA chicken snake that lived in our crawl space. We always wondered why it stayed under the house. Everytime sun would be beating down and you came walking around the side of our house it would about make you crap yourself laying out sunning
    Well my in law comes over one day and sees it and kills it. Well low and behold may be coincidental but we started seeing more and more mice in the house. Snakes like to be left alone but if they are around they are around for a reason. Unless its venomous its usually best to leave it alone. More people are bit trying to kill the snake then if they just let it be.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    Mowing today I had several garter snakes come out from under leaves. I made sure they made it safely into the woods, even picked up a straggler and helped him find his way.

​ NEVER KILL A NON-Poisonous Snake

I relocated several of these this year while mowing.Probably more then i have ever
    ran across in a summer.

20180921_123659-1.jpg

3. Member
    Completely harmless garter snake. My 4 year old grand daughter plays with the one that lives near my garden.

4. Member
    The frogs on my property end up in these snakes throats. Pretty snake, but dead.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    Do you say the same thing when someone kills a fly or steps on a spider? Why does the snake matter more?
    The snakes eat that stuff. Believe me I am no snake fan. I have had my share of run ins with real ones! But if it ain't bothering you or living in your house. Let the little feller live.
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

6. Member
    Dead snake.............

Best kind......dead.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Babe Winkleworm View Post
    The snakes eat that stuff. Believe me I am no snake fan. I have had my share of run ins with real ones! But if it ain't bothering you or living in your house. Let the little feller live.

2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

9. Member
    It's a "rattlincoppermoccasin"
    2020 Caymas CX21 Pro
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Serial# 2B686100

10. Member
    A Garter Snake it looks like. Unless they are trying to get in my house or shop,they are welcome. I do kill every copper head or cotton mouth I run across though. Copper head in yard equals a dead one!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123