Thread: Suicide

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Suicide

First if this post shouldn't be on here please DELETE

My brother committed suicided some 10 years ago I also have other family members that have committed suicided. I often wonder what happens to there soul. I have read a lot of articles about peoples near death experience trying to commit suicide. Here is what some say. you go to hell for ever, you are reincarnated, you go to purgatory and spend the rest of your life there that you didn't on earth (if you were expected to live say too 80 and you took your life at 30 you would spend the next 50 years in purgatory ) , you are forgiven, you will be judge by god and he will decide.
    I want to think the best of my brothers soul along with other family members but often think the worst, this has bothered me for some time. My brother wasn't much into believing but everyone said he was 1/2 outlaw and 1/2 boyscout, so he did both bad and good the time he was alive. What is your option on this.

2. Member
    My opinion...is...You get into heaven by claiming Jesus as your saviour and asking for forgiveness.....Not just by your deeds...but it all comes down to faith and personal beliefs and no one should tell you what YOU should believe..
    Don't let this haunt you..When it comes to losing a loved one through suicide there will always be unanswered questions and it is part of the grieving process..

You really should talk to a Chaplain/Pastor.
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

3. Member
    I think no one on earth really knows what the afterlife will bring. You should continue to pray for your brothers soul. I will pray for you both.

4. Member
    ◄ Romans 10:9 ►

New International Version
    If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

As a Christian, I put all my faith and future in these verses and Jesus Christ. And I believe that Jesus spent so much time teaching about what it takes to get eternal life, that he would’ve also taught us about anything that would revoke the verse above.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockangler View Post
    I think no one on earth really knows what the afterlife will bring. You should continue to pray for your brothers soul. I will pray for you both.
    Great comment. Thank you

I had to think about this alot when my father took his life 3 years ago. I believe everyone has an energy and when they are gone that energy gets transferred to something else. They say energy is nor created or destroyed just transferred. I have never been a religious guy and neither was my father. I try not to put to much energy asking the "what if" questions anymore. Try to not let it bother you.

You know what you thought before you were born...... you'll think the same when you're gone.
    I think the new secret color is "A-Rig"..........

Quote Originally Posted by barbarian View Post

If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

As a Christian, I put all my faith and future in these verses and Jesus Christ. And I believe that Jesus spent so much time teaching about what it takes to get eternal life, that he would’ve also taught us about anything that would revoke the verse above.
    That is it. There is only one way in and nothing you can do after that will take it away.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarian View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Jordan View Post
    That is it. There is only one way in and nothing you can do after that will take it away.
    Agree. Sorry for your loss OP. Suicide is never an easy topic to deal with.

10. Member
    Prayers for you and your family. Suicide is Terrible.

11. Member
    I dont think they'll make it. My Mom's sister committed suicide before I was born and the whole family says I'm a spitting image of her, in a positive way. To me it's a selfish decision and an easy way out of struggles that life throws at you. God decides when you come and go mot you. My coworker was CFO and Controller for a few businesses in his career and we all know accountants get the axe first. He knows several top corporate officials who had it all and committed suicide. Its selfish to me I mean look at what it does to the family once you're gone. They have to deal with that for the rest of their lives. I know a lot of high level entertainers/movie stars have done the deed in the last few years and everyone wants to feel bad and sad about it, screw that think of what they left behind before you think of what they did. Then there's the excuse of "you don't know what they were going through" blah blah blah who cares deal with it and go on. There are people in worse life situations that the thought of suicide never crosses their mind and if it does they dont act on it. Take for example the groves of homeless we have in our country; they are still sleeping, waking up to shit on the side walk, then doing whatever it takes for them to get through the day and guess what? They'll do the same thing tomorrow.

12. Member
    My sympathies to the OP's family. I wish I had an answer for you but I agree with rockangler. Prayers for the family
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

13. Member
    For the sympathizers (my last comment) think what would happen right now if you put a 45 in your mouth and squeezed the trigger. Your worries are over but what about the rest of your loved ones and friends? They'll have pain and sorrow until they are no longer on this Earth all because of your actions.

14. Banned
    ... Dan

15. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    For the sympathizers (my last comment) think what would happen right now if you put a 45 in your mouth and squeezed the trigger. Your worries are over but what about the rest of your loved ones and friends? They'll have pain and sorrow until they are no longer on this Earth all because of your actions.
    Everyone has their demons, for some it snowballs until its out of control. Nothing is lower than being in a place mentally where these thoughts are screaming the loudest. Nothing quiets them down and you just wish for silence.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

16. Member
    I dont think they'll make it. My Mom's sister committed suicide before I was born and the whole family says I'm a spitting image of her, in a positive way. To me it's a selfish decision and an easy way out of struggles that life throws at you. God decides when you come and go mot you. My coworker was CFO and Controller for a few businesses in his career and we all know accountants get the axe first. He knows several top corporate officials who had it all and committed suicide. Its selfish to me I mean look at what it does to the family once you're gone. They have to deal with that for the rest of their lives. I know a lot of high level entertainers/movie stars have done the deed in the last few years and everyone wants to feel bad and sad about it, screw that think of what they left behind before you think of what they did. Then there's the excuse of "you don't know what they were going through" blah blah blah who cares deal with it and go on. There are people in worse life situations that the thought of suicide never crosses their mind and if it does they dont act on it. Take for example the groves of homeless we have in our country; they are still sleeping, waking up to shit on the side walk, then doing whatever it takes for them to get through the day and guess what? They'll do the same thing tomorrow.
    A BBC classic! Wow.

To the OP, I don't have an answer, but just pray about it and ask for God to lead and guide you.

My uncle whom I was close with passed by taking his life 5 days before Christmas 2001, it's still tough, he missed seeing my son and his own grandkids grow up. Sorry about your brother.

17. Banned
    God doesn't hate people who are troubled. People don't commit suicide on a whim. There is nothing the people left behind could have done to prevent. NOTHING! You go forward and remember the good times.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningreel View Post
    A BBC classic! Wow.

To the OP, I don't have an answer, but just pray about it and ask for God to lead and guide you.

My uncle whom I was close with passed by taking his life 5 days before Christmas 2001, it's still tough, he missed seeing my son and his own grandkids grow up. Sorry about your brother.
    OP asked for our opinions, if it dosen't match yours then you seem pretty left thinking. This is supposed to be an open topic not a bash match.

19. Banned
    Take for example the groves of homeless we have in our country; they are still sleeping, waking up to shit on the side walk, then doing whatever it takes for them to get through the day and guess what? They'll do the same thing tomorrow.
    One just actually did a header off the local bridge last night. Kinda blows a hole in that theory.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    Everyone has their demons, for some it snowballs until its out of control. Nothing is lower than being in a place mentally where these thoughts are screaming the loudest. Nothing quiets them down and you just wish for silence.
    So quieting the demons by your own hands solves everything? Maybe for the person who commits the act but not for the ones he leaves behind.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast