Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

OSU's Nick Bosa leaving school....

To concentrate on getting healthy in preps for the NFL draft...good decision or bad...?

http://www.espn.com/college-football...-looking-draft
    Last edited by mrlawler1; 10-16-2018 at 12:47 PM.
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

2. Member
    Good for him, why risk any more injury. Bad for the team, he will be missed but no different than if he had graduated.

Its gonna start a trend. I wish he would play out the year. He signed a scholarship and the school has held up their end of the deal. He should as well. I get the money part of it and it's a tough call for him I bet.

4. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Cannot say I blame him, rather serious injury already. Take the time to get healthy and ready for a long career seems to be the better choice than hurting his draft value with another injury.

There will be more and more guys who will not play in their teams bowl games for the same reason.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

5. Banned
    Noticed kids setting out games last year. I have no idea why anyone would draft a quitter that is not a team player.

6. Member
    What will the injury do for his marketability in the draft due to the possibility of re-injury?

7. Banned
    I mentioned last week i wouldn't be counting on him to play this season and it looks like i was right. He's projected to go to high in the draft to risk another injury. Hard for Urban to put a good team together with the NFL constantly taking their young players. I know many schools have to deal with this problem but the Buckeyes get hit harder because most are elite talents.

8. Member
    Good news for Alabama!

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsch View Post
    What will the injury do for his marketability in the draft due to the possibility of re-injury?
    I wouldn't think it will affect his draft status much at all. He will be checked thoroughly by team doctors and workout for those interested. Elite pass rushers are scarce and his demand is already through the roof.

10. Member
    Big blow for the Buckeyes. They haven't got much pressure on the qb in the last 2 games.

11. Member
    If he's got his degree he need's to get out while the gettings good.
    2007 Skeeter 21i 300HDPI

12. Member
    Tough for the Buckeyes but I don't blame him for making that decision as I am sure it wasn't an easy one.

Quote Originally Posted by ken1okie View Post
    If he's got his degree he need's to get out while the gettings good.
    That's what i was wondering.. If he hasn't, why not stay and get if possible, continue to rehab at OSU knowing you were leaving..
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

14. Member
    Great decision for him, although tough for the team and fanbase. You just can't risk losing the amount of money he is guaranteed to earn at the next level. Especially considering how injury prone his brother has been with soft tissue injuries...
    2001 Ranger R71
    Merc 125
    MinnKota 74# Maxxum
    Humminbird 999
    Humminbird 859

He would have to pass an NCAA pee test if he is still on the roster at OSU. If he isnt then he can take all the rehab assisting drugs he wants, and just needs to be clean by the combine.

16. Member
    Don't blame him one bit. If he gets hurt again it may end his NFL career.

17. Member
    kind of shitty to take the scholarship from someone who actually wanted to go to school and get a degree, but with that much money at stake, cant really blame him.
    2022 Hog Island Skiff
    Johnson 70/40 jet

Bouncin' off rocks, and catching the smallies.

Potomac River Smallmouth Guide

Owner of Potomac Custom Tackle

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshKeller View Post
    kind of shitty to take the scholarship from someone who actually wanted to go to school and get a degree, but with that much money at stake, cant really blame him.
    I don't think he "took away" a scholarship from anybody

19. Banned
    Can these kids not take out some sort insurance policy against an injury that would prevent them from going in the nfl. In his case he’s an obvious 1st rounder. Can he get say a 10 million policy thatbif injury prevents him going first round the policy pays out??? That would keep kids from bailing. If not then I gotta do what I gotta do and sit out. His long term future is more important than 5 more college games.

20. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    Can these kids not take out some sort insurance policy against an injury that would prevent them from going in the nfl. In his case he’s an obvious 1st rounder. Can he get say a 10 million policy thatbif injury prevents him going first round the policy pays out??? That would keep kids from bailing. If not then I gotta do what I gotta do and sit out. His long term future is more important than 5 more college games.
    Yes, they go it all the time, but take the 10 million as your example that is far less than the signing bonus he would get in the NFL let alone the rest he would make. Its a nice amount but a drop in the bucket.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast