Thread: Top Golf ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Top Golf is amazing. We can’t have them here because they’d only be open 5 months out of the year but I played down in San Antonio and it wasn’t any louder than a downtown bar. The lights aren’t blinding because of the netting they throw up. Hope they build it there for you guys, even if you hate golf it’s a friggin blast
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

Building one here now

3. Member
    Top Golf is awesome. Went to the one in St Louis. Lots of fun.

4. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Haven't been to one yet but they are building one across the street from my work. The ones i have been around have not been fine, lights and noise were not issue at all.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

5. Member
    The problem with the Louisville Top Golf is due to the where they are trying to put it. They are lobbying to place it at a location that is next to a large apartment complex on one side and a large neighborhood with $200k-$400k homes in it on the other. Both would be a few hundred yards from it. If they chose a location away from homes, they would get it passed.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

6. Member
    I've never been but back in September someone used my office credit card to spend over $400 one night and then over $500 the next night at the Top Golf in Ft Worth.

7. Member
    We've got "Flying Tee" in Tulsa......pretty cool!
    2007 Skeeter 21i 300HDPI

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ken1okie View Post
    We've got "Flying Tee" in Tulsa......pretty cool!
    Not sure why but "Flying Tee" just screams off-brand
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

Yeah, we vote tomorrow on it. Residents in the nearby subdivision (1/2 mi away) are all up in arms about it. Too much traffic, too much light, too much noise. Whatever, they live next to a major shopping mall. It's going to go into the old Sears space at that mall. I hope we get it, since Sears was the only reason I ever went to that mall. I work just down the street from it, and need a tension reliever every now and then. Nothing like a few drinks and hit the crap out of some balls to relax.

10. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jlouderback View Post
    Yeah, we vote tomorrow on it. Residents in the nearby subdivision (1/2 mi away) are all up in arms about it. Too much traffic, too much light, too much noise. Whatever, they live next to a major shopping mall. It's going to go into the old Sears space at that mall. I hope we get it, since Sears was the only reason I ever went to that mall. I work just down the street from it, and need a tension reliever every now and then. Nothing like a few drinks and hit the crap out of some balls to relax.
    To clarify, you mean golf balls not the balls of the idiots complaining about a new business going in a mall....???
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

[QUOTE=dstep0;9734008]The problem with the Louisville Top Golf is due to the where they are trying to put it. They are lobbying to place it at a location that is next to a large apartment complex on one side and a large neighborhood with $200k-$400k homes in it on the other. Both would be a few hundred yards from it. If they chose a location away from homes, they would get it passed.

yes that is the big problem. The roads around there are already parking lots dang near anytime of day. Almost all the people that want it won’t be effected by the traffic or lights.

12. Member
    We have 3 or 4.... Great young people hang out.... my kids always had fun there, and daughter is a college golfer and they go there for practice.

13. Member
    I hate golf, but this is fun.

14. Member
    The one here opens Friday

15. Member
    They are phenomenal.....been to a few business "meetings" there....food, drinks, whacking balls in to big, lit up targets for a little competition.....very cool,
    and tons of fun.

16. Member
    Great family fun facility. One here in Charlotte .

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dstep0 View Post
    The problem with the Louisville Top Golf is due to the where they are trying to put it. They are lobbying to place it at a location that is next to a large apartment complex on one side and a large neighborhood with $200k-$400k homes in it on the other. Both would be a few hundred yards from it. If they chose a location away from homes, they would get it passed.
    -
    I could see the concern there. I wouldn’t want something like that opening close to our neighborhood. Our St.Louis one opened a few months ago, it’s always crowded, but it’s in a commercial area. The lights at night glow like a high school football field........every night. I can’t speak for the noise; I’m not a golfer and haven’t been.

18. Member
    It will be interesting what happens. I kinda feel like it will get passed but you never know with the city of Louisville.

Part of me can see the concern with the proximity of houses and traffic. But part of me also wants to say cry me a river you bought a house right down from a mall. During the holidays that area is stupid busy with traffic. Its busy with traffic even when its not holiday season. One way or the other something will go into that space.. Unless they just want it vacant which is also an issue.

Who knows but I guess well know today.

I haven’t been to the one in STL yet. Sort of a Dave and Busters with golf as the theme. Pricey. If you’re looking to work on your game there are better and cheaper alternatives.

20. Member
    Like some have already said, the one in OKC catches about as many non-golfers as real golfers. Regardless everyone seems to have fun. The unfortunate thing for the one in OKC is shortly after it opened an ice storm came through and those massive nets can catch a lot of ice. The nets and poles came down like a ton of bricks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast