Power pole Blade issues

I purchased some 10’ blades 2.0 and keep having the same issue with one pole going up or staying down. I contacted power pole and they thought it was possibly a remote, but it does it with 4 different remotes so that can’t be the cause. Some days it’s worse but this weekend during a tournament it was terrible. I bet it happened over 25 times. Talk about a big pain in the rear. Every time I deployed them I was trying to look around my partner or I kept asking him if the had deployed or retracted. They were also really slow, not sure if this was because of the cold or what. It was 35 degrees but that doesn’t seem very cold to me. I’ve seen hydraulic cylinders work flawlessly in much colder and harsher conditions. I know other people have had similar problems just curious if anybody has got anywhere with this issue. I was gonna call them again but I keep my boat in storage and I don’t get out very often. It’s frustrating when you hear others having the same exact issue and power pole doesn’t seem to be addressing the real issue here. Sounds like people get different responses but have the same exact issues. It’s obviously a software issue that needs to be addressed.

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Sorry you are experiencing these problems. It sounds like a pretty simple fix and some explanation into what is actually happening. I do have a few questions to hopefully better help you resolve what you are experiencing.

Does it seem to be isolated to one individual unit that stays up or down when you press a controller? Does it happen when using manual mode or auto mode?

As for the speed of deployment, it could be several things.... Using the dash switch, there are three speed settings, fast, medium, and slow. Also, if using the foot switches or 2 button key fob, male sure they are set to fast speed within the app. If you purchased these second hand, the previous owner could have adjusted the speed in the C-Monster app.

Also, during cool weather, the pumps will automatically slow down their speed. The reason for this is cold hydraulic fluid does not move through the pump as efficiently as it would in warmer temps so we slow them down slightly to improve the bottom sensing and anchor stowed shut off. This speed will increase as the ambient temperature rises or continued operation "warms" the unit up.

To sum this all up, it sounds like the only real issue that may be going on is a simple communication problem with one of the motor boards in the pump, likely a faulty antenna causing poor signal reception. This is an easy fix if we can just identify which one it is. Of course performing a software update is good practice and there are things that may improve, but more than likely we will swap your circuit board under warranty and they should work as intended. Sometimes this is related to a remote which is why we would have you check that first.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can answer for you or help with the warranty swap. And to be clear, there are no software issues that need to be addressed. CM2.0 communication protocol is much more advanced than CM1.0 and the communication between controllers and pumps is greatly improved as a result. If there is a communication issue more than likely it is a hardware issue with a controller or board component.

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    for Power Pole tech support..

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPoleTech View Post
    Sorry you are experiencing these problems. It sounds like a pretty simple fix and some explanation into what is actually happening. I do have a few questions to hopefully better help you resolve what you are experiencing.

Does it seem to be isolated to one individual unit that stays up or down when you press a controller? Does it happen when using manual mode or auto mode?

As for the speed of deployment, it could be several things.... Using the dash switch, there are three speed settings, fast, medium, and slow. Also, if using the foot switches or 2 button key fob, male sure they are set to fast speed within the app. If you purchased these second hand, the previous owner could have adjusted the speed in the C-Monster app.

Also, during cool weather, the pumps will automatically slow down their speed. The reason for this is cold hydraulic fluid does not move through the pump as efficiently as it would in warmer temps so we slow them down slightly to improve the bottom sensing and anchor stowed shut off. This speed will increase as the ambient temperature rises or continued operation "warms" the unit up.

To sum this all up, it sounds like the only real issue that may be going on is a simple communication problem with one of the motor boards in the pump, likely a faulty antenna causing poor signal reception. This is an easy fix if we can just identify which one it is. Of course performing a software update is good practice and there are things that may improve, but more than likely we will swap your circuit board under warranty and they should work as intended. Sometimes this is related to a remote which is why we would have you check that first.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can answer for you or help with the warranty swap. And to be clear, there are no software issues that need to be addressed. CM2.0 communication protocol is much more advanced than CM1.0 and the communication between controllers and pumps is greatly improved as a result. If there is a communication issue more than likely it is a hardware issue with a controller or board component.
    Ok I probably won’t have the boat out again for two weeks. I just spoke with my brother and said he thought it was predominantly the port side pole acting up but I thought it was both from time to time. I will have to pay really close attention next time. The blades are brand new not second hand units. I know when I connect with the c-monster app it drops communication really easy with both units. I have the pumps mounted on a plate directly in the middle of the bilge area but elevated about 12 inches so they stay dry with nothing covering or blocking the pumps. Usually with electronics it’s usually bad or good in my experience but maybe it is the board.