Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    So much misinformation on cdl.... if the trailer alone has a rating over 10k you need a cdl, doesnt even matter if the trailer is empty.
    Then why didn't I get a ticket for not having one when I was stopped in Iowa, they were stopping everyone with DOT numbers, and I was driving a 1 ton flatbed hauling a trailer that was rated for 12,000 pounds?
    Last edited by slaunch; 10-17-2018 at 10:49 AM. Reason: misspelling

2. Member
    Me and my wife would do it with a few changes. Work only the on water time like the anglers. Anglers doing sponsorship work are paid by sponsorship. Pay minimum wage for on water time just to cover plane tickets to Tulsa when needed and not run afoul of labor laws. Setting up, doing sponsorship work, hauling boats etc. can be done by those paid by sponsors or the fools already doing for free. I am not cleaning your boat. At each tournament me and my wife get the boat to fish the lake the last day. Additional day hotel, and per diem covered of course. Sounds like an interesting three months of vacation time! No problem not seeing the grownup kids for up to three months out of the year.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by slaunch View Post
    Then why didn't I get a ticket for not having one when I was stopped in Iowa, they were stopping everyone with DOT numbers, and I was driving a 1 ton flatbed hauling a trailer that was rated for 12,000 pounds?
    I've been pulled over for speeding before and not received a ticket, but speeding is still illegal. Looks like you'd be OK if the truck itself have a gvwr under 14k given your trailers 12k gvwr
    https://ok.gov/ohpcmve/images/994_CD..._from_CVSA.jpg

I missed the part about driving a personal vehicle...that is asking way too much for a volunteer to do.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    I've been pulled over for speeding before and not received a ticket, but speeding is still illegal. Looks like you'd be OK if the truck itself have a gvwr under 14k given your trailers 12k gvwr
    https://ok.gov/ohpcmve/images/994_CD..._from_CVSA.jpg
    Right, which is why I said you don't need a CDL unless your combined GVWR is under 26,000.

6. Banned
    CDL, SmeeCDL...

You're looking at it all wrong. Just think, you could become a Professional Bass Boat Hauler and Fishing Official, be a trailblazer. The sponsorship dollars have to be available, just have your official referees jersey on so you look professional when you make the first contact. You just have to get out there and hustle for them. Avis Truck Rentals, Midas Muffler shops, Goodyear Tires and Automotive Centers, Moe's Chiropractics, No-Doz, Pilot Flying J Travel Centers, Truck Stops of America, The America's Trucking Network, Hilton, Holiday Inns, Goodies, Raybestos Brakes... And those are just a few off the top of my head... Pull into the first Bass Pro shops Tour stop with your personal truck wrapped with some of those sponsors and even Boyd Duckett and KVD would be green with envy... Dan

7. Member
    It just says "vehicle" is required. If someone shows up with a rusted out S-10 4 cylinder are they going to let them tow their boats across the country?
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Screamin_Reel View Post
    To be fair, you have to admit that MLF has brought a lot of it on themselves.
    Really?

They are a for profit business that a lot of people are very interested in. Why wouldn't they set it up like this and see if people sign up? They aren't forcing anyone to and not using child or slave labour. For the right people it could be very interesting and somewhat fun to be part of the circus.

How much do bands pay roadies? My understanding is minimum wage or less, they don't provide hotel rooms or much food and the work is way harder. Yet somehow lots of people want to do it. Why? The experience..... Certainly not for everyone, but it's fun for some.

9. Member
    Be hard to find that many 2 hours of Tulsa. Jmo

10. Banned
    Ad says "should" live within 2 hours of Tulsa, not that you HAVE to... Sign up suckers... Errrrrr volunteers... Dan

• Candidates should live within 2 hours of the MLF Headquarters in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TownesZ21 View Post
    Really?

They are a for profit business that a lot of people are very interested in. Why wouldn't they set it up like this and see if people sign up? They aren't forcing anyone to and not using child or slave labour. For the right people it could be very interesting and somewhat fun to be part of the circus.

How much do bands pay roadies? My understanding is minimum wage or less, they don't provide hotel rooms or much food and the work is way harder. Yet somehow lots of people want to do it. Why? The experience..... Certainly not for everyone, but it's fun for some.
    Roadies dont use their trucks to tow the stage.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiget10 View Post
    Be hard to find that many 2 hours of Tulsa. Jmo
    Theyve been doing it for 7 years without any problems I will bet you a nice steak they’ll have no problems filling the spots.

13. Banned
    Theyve been doing it for 7 years without any problems I will bet you a nice steak they’ll have no problems filling the spots.
    But now it's a money making business with billionaire backing... Pros are gonna be raking the cash in hands over fist... No crumbs for the rift raft doing all the heavy lifting... And towing??? Dan

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    But now it's a money making business with billionaire backing... Pros are gonna be raking the cash in hands over fist... No crumbs for the rift raft doing all the heavy lifting... And towing??? Dan
    Theres a sucker born every minute

Theres a sucker born every minute
    If MLF gets enough free marshalls to pull this off there is not a truer statement
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

16. Member
    I never understood why someone would want to sit in someone's boat for endless hours watching them fish. Hats off to those who like it.

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion922 View Post
    I never understood why someone would want to sit in someone's boat for endless hours watching them fish. Hats off to those who like it.

I could as long as I was learning from them, but no way I’m paying or using my truck for their benefit.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    I could as long as I was learning from them, but no way I’m paying or using my truck for their benefit.
    I agree with the not using my truck to pull other peoples stuff. Still think they will get guys to be officials, might have to modify the additional responsibilities though.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789