Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJ3 View Post
    What’s the best theory on why there is a shadow line around 30? It’s present on both images, just slightly more prominent on the TI2 @ 800. At first I was thinking that there may be a slight depression in the bottom and the returns were softer from there, but then I noticed it’s even present on the top of the road bed. So...that doesn’t make a lot of sense. Is it where the DS elements end and SS elements begin in the formation of the image?
    You are correct... The shadow line is created by the scan overlap between the side elements and the down element. It is a known side effect of having separate elements in a sidescan transducer. Early models without a dedicated downscan element (which used the overlap of the two sidescan elements to produce a "down scan" image) did not display this same interference pattern (early HB for example) but suffered from less than clear downscan results.

Bottomline...that isn't a creek channel that follows your boat everywhere you go <LOL>...!

Just curious, what is the raised portion? Seems too narrow to be a road bed.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

Will the SS3D transducer have 800kHz after the Active Image software update or will I need the AI transducer to get 800kHz?

USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Anti Submarine Warfare Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

4. Member
    SS3D will only have 455 kHz after the update.

5. Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar
    The SS3D will work with the Live unit with the update... but to get active imagining/800 on SS3D, you will need the new 3D transducer (000-14457-001 - $799) when it is available (I don't have any expected delivery info).

R

OK, I presently have the SS3D with module..Not really excited about the 3D..If I order the new SS3D transducer will it work with the present module? Also, what will be the cost of the AI transducer & will it need a module or connect directly to my Carbon units..?

USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Anti Submarine Warfare Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rbarrow View Post
    You are correct... The shadow line is created by the scan overlap between the side elements and the down element. It is a known side effect of having separate elements in a sidescan transducer. Early models without a dedicated downscan element (which used the overlap of the two sidescan elements to produce a "down scan" image) did not display this same interference pattern (early HB for example) but suffered from less than clear downscan results.

Bottomline...that isn't a creek channel that follows your boat everywhere you go <LOL>...!
    Well, then, in this case, I think the SS3D does a better job of elimiating the overlap confusion than whatever transducer and software is on the TI2 in this picture. Seems to me that in the TI2 pic, there is opportunity for data to be lost in that shadow.
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

8. Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar
    Well part of that shadow is amplified by the very high contrast screen of AI on that TI2...but it exists in all multi-element transducers.

Quote Originally Posted by Scuirus View Post
    There are no differences between 60.1.134 and 60.1.142 for sonar modules (SS3D, SonarHub and S5100). When Navico compiles a new baseline it produces targets for all products. Since there were no differences for the sonar modules they did not distribute these versions to the customers, but those testing software got it.
    Are you sure?

The SS3D update currently listed on the Lowrance download page, release dated Sept 4, is 60.1.142.

Also in my document file is 60.1.134, dated roughly two weeks before, Aug 23, if I remember correctly.

The size of 60.1.134 is listed as 37,563 KB, where the size of 60.1.142 is listed as 37,573 KB.

10. Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar
    Just compiling the same code on different days would easily account for the slight file size differences. They had the 134 on one website and 142 on the server that the units use when downloading wirelessly...for a while. They should be both the same now.

Just compiling the same code on different days would easily account for the slight file size differences. They had the 134 on one website and 142 on the server that the units use when downloading wirelessly...for a while. They should be both the same now.

12. Member
    Hey guys (gals too)! I'm the culprit that shared the screenshots with Brian! They were comparison shots specifically requested from a member of R & D, so sorry if they were not specific enough or apples to apples enough for y'all!! As time and conditions allow in the coming days, I'll try to address and capture some of the requested screen shots and either share them with Brian, or share them here if I'm allowed to do so.
    Off topic some I know, but someone mentioned not seeing or having displayed the TM status bar. That's a simple and easy fix if interested. Pages>Settings>Autopilot. On the right of the screen will be "Auto hide Autopilot bar" and it is defaulted "On". Simply turn it off, exit out and it'll be there and will always display the status of the Xi5 at the top of the screen. Some like it, some don't, I find it handy for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hawker View Post
    Hey guys (gals too)! I'm the culprit that shared the screenshots with Brian! They were comparison shots specifically requested from a member of R & D, so sorry if they were not specific enough or apples to apples enough for y'all!! As time and conditions allow in the coming days, I'll try to address and capture some of the requested screen shots and either share them with Brian, or share them here if I'm allowed to do so.
    Off topic some I know, but someone mentioned not seeing or having displayed the TM status bar. That's a simple and easy fix if interested. Pages>Settings>Autopilot. On the right of the screen will be "Auto hide Autopilot bar" and it is defaulted "On". Simply turn it off, exit out and it'll be there and will always display the status of the Xi5 at the top of the screen. Some like it, some don't, I find it handy for myself.

Thank you and welcome aboard
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawker View Post
    Steve, welcome to the BBC ! We look forward to your posts and realize some information you can share and some you cannot. Thanks for any all all input ! Brian

15. Member
    The SS3D will work with the Live unit with the update... but to get active imagining/800 on SS3D, you will need the new 3D transducer (000-14457-001 - $799) when it is available (I don't have any expected delivery info).

R
    Any update to this new SS3D transducer? Ive seen one website showing a ship date 3/8/19. Any specs, 455 and 800? Any chance it may have chirp like a 3-1?

I think most will agree that a $200 2-in-1 transducer that gets the same or better image quality as a $1,000 3D unit that requires an external box is a winner.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j791 View Post
    I think most will agree that a $200 2-in-1 transducer that gets the same or better image quality as a $1,000 3D unit that requires an external box is a winner.
    Until the new transducer is released it’s anyones guess... But I already have SS3D so if I can upgrade the transducer for a few hundred more than the 2-1 and get better results why not?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kdfannin View Post
    Until the new transducer is released it’s anyones guess... But I already have SS3D so if I can upgrade the transducer for a few hundred more than the 2-1 and get better results why not?
    I wonder if it's going to be just a transducer or if a new 3d box will get released as well.

19. Member
    Fellas,

Just got a new Vexus / AVX 1980 that came with bow and console Elite Ti2 9" graphs. Does anyone have preferred settings for these graphs and if so can you share? I currently have the 3 and 1 transducer attached to the transom supporting the console unit and a traditional transducer mounted at the base of my Minn Kota Ultrex supporting the bow unit. Would like to replace the bow transducer with the 3 and 1, would like to hear anyone's thoughts on this. Thanks.
    Last edited by Mbsquare; 09-30-2019 at 10:23 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12