Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Carbonlite 2.0 reel

I have one and like it a lot. Am in the market for another reel. Is there a better reel for the money?
    Semper Fi

2. Banned
    Good question. How much did you pay for the one you got now?

3. Member
    I bought it on sale less then $100. They are $119 right now.
    Semper Fi

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jrbdad View Post
    I bought it on sale less then $100. They are $119 right now.
    Thats tough to beat on the price. They do have a dual braking system, and are quite light. Honestly, being that reels are more on the "subjective" side with preferences, you could get many thoughts on this. The Daiwa lines of the Fuego CT, and the Tatulas are hard to beat for the money. Hell, you can get a Citica I for a good deal (and I have one for sale if interested new in box), for around $100, and they are superior to any Doyo/Banax product in build quality.

5. Member
    Check out the new shimano slx reels . Supposedly has a tiny frame but holds quite a bit of line and only 4 bearings

6. Member
    I have some higher priced lews, but I kinda think the 99$ lews speed spool is the better reel for the money !

Quote Originally Posted by badboyjigs View Post
    I have some higher priced lews, but I kinda think the 99$ lews speed spool is the better reel for the money !

I don’t have the Corbonlite but I have ProQualifiers They are good reels for for the same money the SpeedSpool is unbeatable IMO.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

8. Member
    Revo X is an amazing reel for $100 or less.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by badboyjigs View Post
    Agree 100%

10. Member
    Definitely a Lews speed spool for that price. Occasionally you can find a tournament MB for $120 online too
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

11. Banned
    For those of you that arent aware, the Lews, Abu, and BPS reels mentioned here are the same reels, with different options. They are all manufactured in the same place.

12. Member
    Wait for the February BPS spring sale. Last Feb I got a Carbon Lite reel AND Rod for $100.00
    But...you have to be there when the doors open for the sale. I saw guys put 5+ combos in their cart!
    Fished it all summer...no problems.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LgMouthGambler View Post
    For those of you that arent aware, the Lews, Abu, and BPS reels mentioned here are the same reels, with different options. They are all manufactured in the same place.
    Yeah, the LFS Speed Spool and PQ are the same thing

14. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I love my Carbonlite 2 combo. I got it in 7’ medium/fast and it’s a great spinnerbait, chatterbait, small Texas rig...it’s my do it all pole. The reel has performed really well, is very light and I haven’t had a single issue with it. I also got a platinum combo (7’1” MH/Fast) and that rod/reel does feel better quality but I wouldn’t give up my Carbonlite 2.

The Daiwa Tatula Type R is another good reel I have several of that i’ve bought off of members here but it’s definitely heavier.

If the price is right I wouldn’t hesitate to get another Carbonlite 2 reel. Would like one for my topwater pole.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinF View Post
    Wait for the February BPS spring sale. Last Feb I got a Carbon Lite reel AND Rod for $100.00
    But...you have to be there when the doors open for the sale. I saw guys put 5+ combos in their cart!
    Fished it all summer...no problems.
    I got 3 of them last year at that sale and love them. I did have one rod snap on the first cast, granted it was a big swimbait, but it should not have snapped.

16. Banned
    They are $79.99 right now

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OhioChamp183 View Post
    They are $79.99 right now
    Opps! Not any more. They were a couple days ago

18. Member
    i tried to pick up a couple at the 79.97 price, but they were unavailable and they couldnt give me a date when they would be available. now that they're back at the original price they are available for back order........

19. Member
    Was told at store the current ones are discontinued. New ones will be out soon. But who knows. I got one at that price
    Semper Fi

20. Member
    hopefully they continue using the same company for the new model.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast