Falcon pros and cons

Ok guys. Thinking about switching from skeeter. Give me pros and cons to your boats. I dont like what all is happening with some of the bigger brands.

Thanks

I don't own a Falcon but it's certainly on my Radar. I can't really think of any cons about the boat or the company other than customer support. ONLY reason why it would be a con because they are growing rapidly they sometimes don't get back to folks as fast as they would like. In my opnion this is why you work with your dealer, that's their job to correct issues.

A far as pros, there are many but I think its the best value for your dollar bass boat out there. A small business that is committed to the customer.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

3. Member
    I've got a 215...
    Pros: Ride... fishes good with the trolling motor down. Customer service-I bought my boat from a pro so I really don't have a dealer. I've dealt with the factory a few times and they have been great.

Cons: The only gripe I have is the center storage box between the seats is NOT waterproof.

I've been fortunate to own several boats and I've enjoyed this one as much or more than any I've had. For the money I don't think you'll regret buying one.

Johnathan

4. Member
    Falcon 205
    Pros: Easy to drive, handles like a sports car, Super smooth in the rough, awesome huge deck, smart layout (rod locker lids are great, triple hatch battery compartment), well built, fishes like you standing on a dock, tons of nice storage, holeshots like a dream, great seats with zip off replaceable covers, water drains out of cockpit fast in heavy rain, standard options cover just about everything you need plus some like auto drain plug, classy looking Gelcoat finish, trailer/boat goes down the road like a dream. PRICE!!
    Cons: wish they had a touch more room on console for optional gauges, wish they would carpet the rod lockers a touch better and further forward, took out rod tubes and its just raw fiberglass now. Yes, center storage box leaks a bit. My right rod box has been getting wet on occasion haven't looked at the reason yet. The bow eye is hard to get the winch strap on unless your rubber man. Cons are minimal really.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JK View Post
    I've got a 215...
    Pros: Ride... fishes good with the trolling motor down. Customer service-I bought my boat from a pro so I really don't have a dealer. I've dealt with the factory a few times and they have been great.

Cons: The only gripe I have is the center storage box between the seats is NOT waterproof.

I've been fortunate to own several boats and I've enjoyed this one as much or more than any I've had. For the money I don't think you'll regret buying one.

Johnathan

Ive been looking into some options for sealing up the console. Had a couple of my screws work loose a couple weeks ago so it got me thinking about it. I'll let you know what I come up with. Working on a few different ideas.
    '17 Falcon F205
    '17 Evinrude G2 250
    10' PP blades
    Garmin 7610XSV's

6. Member
    Con for me is they only have a 4 person capacity, need to have 5.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scgolfer88 View Post
    Ive been looking into some options for sealing up the console. Had a couple of my screws work loose a couple weeks ago so it got me thinking about it. I'll let you know what I come up with. Working on a few different ideas.
    If you do...I would appreciate it if you let me know. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JK View Post
    If you do...I would appreciate it if you let me know. Thanks

Same for me..thks

Jason Davis, MSgt, USAF, Retired

IF YOUR NOT GETTING HUNG UP, YOUR NOT FISHING WHERE THE FISH ARE!!"

2019 Falcon 195
    2019 Yamaha SHO 200 w 23P Fury
    Helix 9 DI (Bow)
    Helix 9 SI with Mega (Console)
    MK Ultrex 80lb
    NMEA 2k

9. Banned
    Can yall post a pic of the center console, how it opens and closes?

Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    Can yall post a pic of the center console, how it opens and closes?
    This is the deck on m 195 and the front center storage ..

Attached Images Attached Images

2019 Falcon 195
    Helix 9 DI (Bow)
    MK Ultrex 80lb
    NMEA 2k

11. Banned
    Water gets in there as well? I was referring to the console between the seats.

If water is getting in to the center front deck storage try this. Get some play dough, ball it up and stick it on the raised portion around the opening, then close the lid. This will compress the play dough to the distance between the lid and raised area. You'll then need to find some adhesive backed door seal that is thick enough to work there and apply it. That should create a good enough seal to keep the majority of water out.

Not knowing the design of the center console between the seats, but I'd venture a similar tactic can be used on it.

12. Banned
    Thread Resurrection!

One con that is keeping me from buying is the lack of a removable passenger console. I need a second console, but I don't need it all the time. Does Falcon have plans on making one removable? No boats at dealers have a second console. I guess I'd have to order a boat. Still, that's going to piss me off working around that console during tournaments when I don't need it there. Buying one without that console is a no-go with the wife. Which is pushing me towards Phoenix. All over a stupid console.

Thread Resurrection!

One con that is keeping me from buying is the lack of a removable passenger console. I need a second console, but I don't need it all the time. Does Falcon have plans on making one removable? No boats at dealers have a second console. I guess I'd have to order a boat. Still, that's going to piss me off working around that console during tournaments when I don't need it there. Buying one without that console is a no-go with the wife. Which is pushing me towards Phoenix. All over a stupid console.

I asked when I ordered mine and it was being built, and the owner told me , the answer is no to a removable due to safety concerns.

2019 Falcon 195
    Helix 9 DI (Bow)
    MK Ultrex 80lb
    NMEA 2k

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tritonboy2001 View Post
    I asked when I ordered mine and it was being built, and the owner told me , the answer is no to a removable due to safety concerns.
    That's what they told me two years ago. It makes no sense. The one in my Triton is solid once installed.

That's what they told me two years ago. It makes no sense. The one in my Triton is solid once installed.

He explained for safety and I think liability, they are afraid if it were to come loose while on plain, may be liable or lawsuit.

2019 Falcon 195
    Helix 9 DI (Bow)
    MK Ultrex 80lb
    NMEA 2k

16. Member
    There missing out on a whole new market. My son who lives in SC asked that i look at them as a possible new boat, but no duel-console is a non-starter for us northern anglers

Quote Originally Posted by ranger195 View Post
    There missing out on a whole new market. My son who lives in SC asked that i look at them as a possible new boat, but no duel-console is a non-starter for us northern anglers

You can order a dual console, it just isn't removable.

2019 Falcon 195
    Helix 9 DI (Bow)
    MK Ultrex 80lb
    NMEA 2k