Unhappy Daiwa Reel Confusion

I have a Daiwa Zillion that has a bad spool and some rough bearings. It is about 5-6 years old and made in Japan.The spool is $150 alone. So I decided to replace it with another Zillion, which is now 1 1/2 years old(made in Thailand). It has constant backlash and sounds as though the gears are stripped when casting. It has been cleaned and I also made sure that it was oiled in the right places. It cost me a couple good fish this last week and I'm ready to pitch it. I have always had Daiwa but I might be done with them? How do you tell which ones(Daiwa) are made in Japan instead of Thailand?

What mid priced Shimano or Abu are reliable/good reels. I want to fish, not undo backlash. I appreciate any input.
    David

2. Banned
    You can find spool for them TD Zillions for good prices on forums. Usually around $50. Bad spool though? Was it bent or something? Usually a spool in itself doesnt go bad. Maybe its just a spool bearing? As far as your replacement, its sounds like you have either the TW Zillion or the Zillion SV TW, wither way both are the after models of the TD, and both made in Thailand. Just look under the reel seat, it will say its origin. If you like, you can send the older Zillion to me, or even Spanky at the Tackle Trap. We both love us some Daiwas. We can see if there is a easy fix for it.

Get in touch with the Tackle Trap and send your reels in to get serviced. A stock spool should not be $150. I mean I have some tuned ZPI spools for my Daiwas and they are considered high end and are only $135. Bryan Lambert is the reel tech over at the Tackle Trap and they are a licensed Daiwa warranty/repair shop. I will be surprised if they can't get you fixed up.