Bunk bracket swap

No rush here, but I was under my trailer and it looks like I could use new bunk brackets. Is this an easy swap on a 2005 Z20 trailer? I'm guessing I'll need a lot of WD-40 but would love to be told I won't. Planning on doing it while my dad fishes around the ramp.

2. Member
    This could go either way easy or not. If the bunk bolts spin this will be a problem. Soak them at home with penetrating oil several times. Try to loosen them at home if they break free your good to go. If they won’t break loose your probably going to have to cut the bolts. If they are the original bunks probably time to replace all bunks and hardware. Ranger parts sells complete hardware kits for replacement. A complete swap is a full day if you have all the components on hand. Good luck with your project.

3. Member
    I replaced mine this year. I bought galvanized brackets from a trailer store and used all SS bolts and nuts. The original bolts were just zinc plated and I had to cut some of them off. I also replaced the carpet but the boards were still solid so I reused them. This was on a 2000 model trailer.