Growing the Sport

Check out this Youtube video of young Aaverie Rose, Fishing for Long Nose Gar with Rob Jackson.
    It's a 13 minute vid, but this young girl and I do mean young tames these Gar like you wouldn't believe.
    She has been out on the water a few times and has her own YT shows.
    This young girl is what we need more of promoting the sport.
    She has quite a bucket list to get accomplished and she found a guide who will get the job done for her.
    Way to go Rob, RJ. Rjnbirdees outdoors Youtube.

2. Member
    Pretty cool

3. Member
    She is AWESOME!

4. Banned
    I’m all for taking your kids fishing, but if I hear growing the sport one more time I’m gonna throw up....we need more lakes if we’re going to try and grow the sport.

5. Member
    and its not a sport

6. Member
    be careful with wishing to grow the sport. the same thing happened in the hunting industry, and now you cant find much of anywhere to hunt without paying an outrageous price.
    2022 Hog Island Skiff
    Johnson 70/40 jet

Bouncin' off rocks, and catching the smallies.

Potomac River Smallmouth Guide

Owner of Potomac Custom Tackle

[QUOTE=Triton TR 20;9733535]and its not a sport[/QU

I tend to agree

What’s the benefit of growing the sport? More tournaments? Higher prices.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

9. Joe4d
    show of hands . Who has ever been fishing and wished there were more boats on the water ?
    And as far as the hunting,, I imagine not being able to find a place has more to due with a sue happy litigation society forcing landowners to not give permission to hunt their land.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe4d View Post
    show of hands . Who has ever been fishing and wished there were more boats on the water ?
    And as far as the hunting,, I imagine not being able to find a place has more to due with a sue happy litigation society forcing landowners to not give permission to hunt their land.

Or that lease values have shot up through the roof because everyone thinks you need a massive tract of land to grow 170" deer to have fun hunting. More exposure of hunting (commercialization) = way more hunters
    2022 Hog Island Skiff
    Johnson 70/40 jet

Bouncin' off rocks, and catching the smallies.

Potomac River Smallmouth Guide

Owner of Potomac Custom Tackle

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe4d View Post
    Gun season opens on Saturday here in Georgia. Can’t wait

12. Member
    I am trying to ...shrink the sport. Only the ones making bank...use that term...

13. Banned
    Growing the “sport” is great for people in the business of selling things to fishermen, but not so great for fishermen themselves.

14. Member
    Sorry for getting so many of you guys upset with my wording in the title.
    What i meant was good to see some of the young people and this young girl doing quite a job fishing.
    This young girl has been brought up right and could probably put some of the critics in here to shame with her fish catching skills.
    I was just trying to point out that not all young people are getting into trouble but have learned how to fish, hunt play sports.

I think it’s great to kids into fishing but most lakes are overcrowded now. Grow anymore and you won’t have anywhere to fish.