How to download updates to the fish smart

Can’t do it. The units will pair with my iPhone and iPad, but the ap doesn’t recognize any of my graphs or trolling motor. I have registered all of my equipment twice and it will not recognize them as well. I have read where other folks are updating software this way, and I would really like to be able to as well. I don’t have a computer, so an SD card is out of the question. I would really appreciate any help and guidance that I could get. I have both the Helix 10 mega side imaging and down imaging as well as the ultrex. Thanks guys.

When the unit and mobile device are paired, touch the System icon on the bottom of the App. The software should be listed and you will have a block with "Transfer" in it if your unit does not already have the software version installed.

If the software version is not downloaded to your mobile device and displayed in FishSmart, touch the highlighted bar at the bottom "Download All Device Updates".
    Of course you need a WiFi connection to download the software.
    You get the software via Wifi and transfer it with Bluetooth.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Banned
    The Minnkota app is the best way to update the trolling motor. The fishsmart app works but the transfers are slow unless you have fast internet.

The best bet might be for someone to load the updates on an SD card for you.

4. Member
    Thank you all for the information. I had WiFi when I tried doing what has been suggested, but no luck. It pairs with the devices just fine, but had no software information on the fish smart app. I also couldn’t get the software update to load to the app. So I am thinking about deleting the app and reinstalling it. Maybe then I will be able to get it all straightened out. Thanks again for all of the help.

Quote Originally Posted by mwadkins View Post
    Thank you all for the information. I had WiFi when I tried doing what has been suggested, but no luck. It pairs with the devices just fine, but had no software information on the fish smart app. I also couldn’t get the software update to load to the app. So I am thinking about deleting the app and reinstalling it. Maybe then I will be able to get it all straightened out. Thanks again for all of the help.
    Does your mobile device have the memory capacity for the software file?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Does your mobile device have the memory capacity for the software file?
    Yes it does, both iPad and iPhone have 128g. The update downloaded to both, but not to the app. That is why I am thinking about deleting and reinstalling the FishSmart app.

I don't recall the software version, but there is a minimum software that you already need to have to enable the downloading of new software. You must do that one in typical SD card fashion, then after that you can use your phone for all subsequent downloads.

Quote Originally Posted by plunker View Post
    I don't recall the software version, but there is a minimum software that you already need to have to enable the downloading of new software. You must do that one in typical SD card fashion, then after that you can use your phone for all subsequent downloads.

3.110 for a SOLIX

1.610 for a Helix
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    3.110 for a SOLIX

1.610 for a Helix
    Thank you. How do I know what software version I have on the units, and if there is a version prior to the newest release, where do I find it to download?

Quote Originally Posted by mwadkins View Post
    Thank you. How do I know what software version I have on the units, and if there is a version prior to the newest release, where do I find it to download?
    The SYSTEM STATUS view has the software version as well as the usage time, and serial number.

A later software version than what is current can come from Humminbird or someone with a lower version that has the same unit you do.

I have all software versions for all my units, but don't have any for the models you have.
    Last edited by Wayne P.; 10-25-2018 at 06:51 AM.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL