Thread: XTB question

XTB question

I have an 1988 XTB. On the rear above the pad are 3 drain holes. I know the lowest one in the center is the bilge drain. What are the other 2? The one to the right of center is high enough that the cav plate cuts through the center of it. I have a leak in the boat and I have traced it to something in the livewell system. I will like;y replace all hoses and pumps this winter. Just trying to pin it down

One should be the live well drain the other live well overflow.
    The starboard hole should be for livewell drain and have a 3 way valve between there and bottom of tank.
    A good way to test is close all valves and fill the live well with a garden hose and start looking. If you don't see any then run your pumps one at a time. Odds are it's at a fitting.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    One should be the live well drain the other live well overflow.
    The starboard hole should be for livewell drain and have a 3 way valve between there and bottom of tank.
    A good way to test is close all valves and fill the live well with a garden hose and start looking. If you don't see any then run your pumps one at a time. Odds are it's at a fitting.
    Yep!

4. Member
    I changed all pumps, fittings and hoses in my xb2002 about 2 years ago. Be prepared, it was a serious undertaking lol.

5. Member
    Thanks for all the input