Thread: Nolin advice?

Nolin advice?

Looking to go there in the next week or two....never been there so I don’t know what to expect....any advice on places to try? One end of the lake better then the other? What is the best ramp to use?

2. Member
    Just my two cents...I'd fish down around the dam and use the moutardier ramp. I haven't been on Nolin in a while so I have no idea what the pattern is for bass, but I generally do better at that end of the lake. The moutardier ramp is a great ramp to use. Good luck and let us know how you do!
    “Without uncompromising faith, no miracle can ever occur.” - Stan Kellner

3. Member
    The lake will be undergoing winter draw down. Crankbaits and Jigs will be hard to beat. Mix in some topwater if conditions and your timing set up for it. Personally, I think the entire lake has fished great this year, without one area outproducing another as it has been in the past. That said, I'd recommend focusing mid-lake to dam. Moutardier Ramp is a good central ramp.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

4. Member
    Thanks for the help.......any trustworthy guides down that way? Might try that also to get a quicker feel for the lake

5. Member
    Don't waste your money with that. Nolin is not a hard lake to fish. Don't over think it. Just go fishin.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigman78 View Post
    Don't waste your money with that. Nolin is not a hard lake to fish. Don't over think it. Just go fishin.
    Exactly. It would be a huge waste of money and time. You can figure it out quickly.

Are you going as a scouting trip for a tournament?
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dstep0 View Post
    Exactly. It would be a huge waste of money and time. You can figure it out quickly.

Are you going as a scouting trip for a tournament?

Nah I’m not much of a tourney guy.....just small club tourneys every now and then.....mainly just going to try new water.....I’ve fished KY and Barkley my whole life and needless to say we all know the troubles going on right now down there.

8. Member
    Last edited by matfish; 10-17-2018 at 07:20 PM. Reason: left item out

9. Member
    What Navionics chip will I need for this lake? Turns out my Lakemaster chip doesn’t cover Nolin and I haven’t used any other brands in years.

10. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Here is a tip a lot of people don't know about Navionics...you can look at the maps online for free. They have a security system that will not let you copy or download anything but you can look all you want to. Once you get to their site click Products/GPS Chart Plotter charts/then select the type chip you want to look at. Once loaded scroll and zoom to find the lake and see what kind of detail the map shows.

https://www.navionics.com/usa/

You can also download to your phone and take it with you. I think it's about $15 for a year of access.