Tundra Guys Looking for Some Advice...

Just got the title in the mail today, my 2013 Tundra is paid off (believe it or not I didn't pay cash for it, ha ha). Great feeling. So I plan on keeping her a few more years, at least that's the plan for now. I just put 50,000 miles on her today, so looking for any advice on certain maintenance things I should do. The only thing I've done in the last 5 years is put a set of Cooper AT3s on last January, and change the oil every 5000 miles. I use Mobil 1 Full Synthetic. Still have original brakes, but am getting them checked out soon when I get her inspected this week. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

2. Member
    I did very little to my 2007 Tundra other than routine oil changes, etc. Traded it in on a new one a couple of years ago and it had about 120k on it.

3. Member
    I still have my 07 CrewMax with 140k miles on it I bought new. Only new vehicle I’ve owned; long paid for now too. Still runs like a top. I just follow the manufacturers maintenance/service recommendations in the owners manual.
    -
    Did that with my prior Toyota I sold with 200k miles on it. Hated to sell it; but needed a truck.
    -
    I’ve only owned 2 vehicles in 22 years. Both have been flawless by following the manufactures maintenance/service recommendations in the owners manual. I figure they now what they’re doing since they built the vehicle. Been right so far!

4. Member
    You’re doing the most important one. I would look at belt and hoses also when you change oil. We have a 2006 Sequoia that has only gotten oil changes and a serpentine belt. My 14 Tundra had to have new rotors as they had a slight warp. They don’t need much.

Google up secondary air injection pump or how to bypass it but otherwise, routine maintenance should keep you covered.

6. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Wife’s four runner has 240k on it. Brakes, tires and wheel bearings is all so far. We are going for 300k before we replace it. And even then I think I’ll keep it to hunt out of.

Trans and differential oil changes?
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

8. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    Same as you. 2013 Tundra with 65K. I'm keeping it. Will need tires next year.

9. Member
    Follow routine maintenance suggestions in your owners manual.

Bought a 2007 in 2009 with 24K on it for $25K....Limited CrewMax TRD 4X4. Traded it in on a new 2016 and they gave me $18K....they hold their value! I had 110K miles on the 2007 when I traded....have really like them both. Check out www.tundras.com for some ideas on customizing....better bring some $$$ though

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CigarBasser View Post
    Trans and differential oil changes?
    This is recommended at 100,000 miles if I recall correctly.

12. Banned
    At 50k miles, you have a lot of use left. I would suggest changing the brake pads and replacing the shock absorbers. Wouldn't hurt to get a wheel alignment, and have them check the suspension for any sign of wear.

My F250 diesel is at 150K miles. I try to keep the suspension and brakes @ 100% since it's used for towing. What so many diesel owners don't realize is that they have a Bendix Hydroboost system where the brakes' power function comes from the power steering pump. I changed my power steering fluid and bled air out of the system, and it was like I had a new set of brakes.

13. Member
    Although mine is first gen it has been the most dependable truck I have ever had. I travel a lot through the southeast with no hesitation, and have just crossed the 450,000 mile mark and never nothing major done to it. I've done the routing stuff like brakes, tires, oil, preventative maintenance, but I did splurge and replaced the Bilsteins about 125k miles ago. So you should have no concerns with hanging onto that truck for a long time with the maintenance you keep up with.

14. Member
    Follow the time/miles in the Warranty book that you got when you bought it. 2012 with 137k miles and going strong.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    Follow routine maintenance suggestions in your owners manual.
    Yes, with 50,000 miles its practically new. The manual will tell you what preventative maintenance to do and what to inspect for wear and tear.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

16. Banned
    2013 Crewmax . I drove it until last year and gave it to my son when he got his license. 127,000 miles. Routine maintenance is all I've done to it. Best vehicle I've ever owned.

17. Member
    Don’t forget the read end and transfer case oil. I did this every 40k

I did brakes around 80k

I did serpentine belt at 100k for good measure

Then my wife said go get a new one so now I got a new one