Is it just me???

Or is the "L" series console and rear hardware way uglier than a "C" model?
    David Geske
    Boatless Family Man

2. Member
    Well...

I don’t think it’s just you but I have learned that the consoles grow on you. I have a C style console and when they first came out, I would have gladly taken the old 2013 console over the C style anydaybof the week. Now, I love the C style. I imagine in 5 years, I may like the “ style lol

3. Member
    I love the New L series consoles. Actually that is why I ordered a 2019 L over a C I would definitely say it’s a preference. Can’t wait to get mine in February.

Love my L style console and style...many folks around here have the C model and I like to be different...well for now.
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

5. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip-N-Lip View Post
    I love the New L series consoles. I would definitely say it’s a preference.
    ^^^ This ^^^

When the G2's first came out I wasn't a huge fan, but they grew on me.

And it looks like Mercury is following Evinrude's lead the same type styling with the shape and color coordinated striping with the V8's.....

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

6. Member
    like the outside of the L console but i do NOT like the drivers console and configuration...cant see my gauges.. don't like where the the control buttons are for live wells and such..also keep hitting my leg on the corner of the console when i get up going to the bow of the boat.. but they designed all that for the 16" graph so i get that..

I'm a tall 5'6" person

So I have no issues with the gauges, placement of the push button panel, or my knees hitting anything
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

8. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    I'm 6'4" / 250lb and I've never had an issue either.

Quote Originally Posted by avidbasser View Post
    I'm a tall 5'6" person

So I have no issues with the gauges, placement of the push button panel, or my knees hitting anything

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonray View Post
    like the outside of the L console but i do NOT like the drivers console and configuration...cant see my gauges.. don't like where the the control buttons are for live wells and such..also keep hitting my leg on the corner of the console when i get up going to the bow of the boat.. but they designed all that for the 16" graph so i get that..
    i guess I just fish to fast lol...

and Im 5'9" and thank goodness i can scoot seat up to reach the "in the middle" hot foot.

10. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Yeah, slow down...

Luckily my G2 pedal is on the right side so my leg is not cocked sideways. It's super sensitive though, like a car's pedal and I find myself using the hand throttle more and more...

i guess I just fish to fast lol...

and Im 5'9" and thank goodness i can scoot seat up to reach the "in the middle" hot foot.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 18RangerZ520L View Post
    Yeah, slow down...

Luckily my G2 pedal is on the right side so my leg is not cocked sideways. It's super sensitive though, like a car's pedal and I find myself using the hand throttle more and more...
    yes that is a good option..you would think they all would do that now.. Hot Foot is good...but it seems like it could use an upgrade or newer modification or at least switch back and forth from hand to foot.

12. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    yes that is a good option..you would think they all would do that now.. Hot Foot is good...but it seems like it could use an upgrade or newer modification or at least switch back and forth from hand to foot.
    Yep, love that option on my G2. One press of a button and I can switch between hand/foot throttle.

It helps when I'm solo (80% of the time) and I'm loading the boat on the trailer, I can keep the throttle going and stay tight to the roller while walking up to the deck to hook the winch.