Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lone Chimney Lake

Does anyone on here fish it? Heard it has been stocked and thinking about heading over there and giving it a try. I know it’s full of stumps, but any other advice would be appreciated! Thanks

Fifteen or so years ago it had a reputation for being a real hawg farm. The lake got very low for several years. It was reported that deer were seen wading across the main lake.

I haven't heard anything at all about it in recent years but I would love to try it out sometime. Give us a full report.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

3. Banned
    Never been heard about it a lot. Let us know how you do I will give it a test run shortly.

Not familiar with it, but curious.
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

Quote Originally Posted by OkieLure View Post
    Not familiar with it, but curious.
    East of Stillwater, near the little town of Glencoe. I've never fished it but I did give it a drive by one time when I was up that way. Small lake....maybe 1000 acres, lots of timber. Looked similar to Prague Lake if you've ever been there.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

6. Member
    I’ll be there Friday, I’ll report back and let everyone know how we do. The lake is only 550 acres and it’s just north of 412 by the McDonald’s.

7. Member
    Fished it once last summer and had been on it one other time years ago before it got low. Didn't catch a ton of fish, but the ones I caught were all decent size. Be prepared to wash your boat when you get home. Gravel roads getting to it, and the dust cakes on your wet boat on the way out. I may have to go hit it again soon now that you brought it up! One nice thing is there's never more than a couple of boats on it.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdeath View Post
    Fished it once last summer and had been on it one other time years ago before it got low. Didn't catch a ton of fish, but the ones I caught were all decent size. Be prepared to wash your boat when you get home. Gravel roads getting to it, and the dust cakes on your wet boat on the way out. I may have to go hit it again soon now that you brought it up! One nice thing is there's never more than a couple of boats on it.
    Is the water up in it? If you look at on Google Map the ramps are high and dry. May be an old shot.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

9. Member
    Was fine last summer. Not sure this year.

10. Member
    Made it to lone chimney today and all I can say is DANG! Where does one even start on this lake? Yeah it’s small, but every bit of it looks fishy as I’ll get out! The lake is full, we used the east boat ramp and it was fine. The road getting there was muddy as hell, my buddies boat looked like it went through a mud bog! We only caught six fish today, but that front had just moved through. The lake seems quite a bit bigger than they say. There are a couple creeks that go quite a ways back. The amount of timber is crazy, the whole lake is nothing but standing timber and submerged timber. I can’t wait till this spring to get out there and see what the lake really holds!
    Last edited by Skippy909; 10-19-2018 at 09:30 PM.

Good intel
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

12. Banned
    Thanks for the report I'm going to give it a try next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Thanks for the report I'm going to give it a try next weekend.
    There's going to be 27 boats on that little lake next weekend.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

14. Member
    We fished it hard back in the 90's. Lots of fish, and some nice ones too. I got a 6lber one year and didn't get big bass. I know someone who went several times when the lake was low, in a two man, he still caught some nice ones. I don't think the numbers are there anymore, but there is still some quality fish to be had. LOTS of good fishable water..... Lake is deep enough that the low levels didn't hurt it, and the Google maps from when the lake was low are nice to look at......

Xpress H-56 Yamaha 115

15. Member

Xpress H-56 Yamaha 115

16. Member

Xpress H-56 Yamaha 115

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post
    There's going to be 27 boats on that little lake next weekend.
    You joking? I'm stuck out of state working flying back next Thursday trying to plan a couple trips before I fly back out.

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    You joking? I'm stuck out of state working flying back next Thursday trying to plan a couple trips before I fly back out.
    Yes, I'm just kidding. With all the talk, it seems like half of BBC is heading there.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

19. Member
    That lake can handle a lot of boat's. I have had my boat under the mile marker 33 bridge on the turnpike. The areas around both ramps are fishable. Lake goes West over 2 miles, lot of flats off of the creek channels. In the spring of 16 & 17 I know of two 7lb+ bass caught there. I know of several people who came in with 0 fish also. Just don't expect a 20 fish day.

Xpress H-56 Yamaha 115

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy909 View Post
    Made it to lone chimney today and all I can say is DANG! Where does one even start on this lake? Yeah it’s small, but every bit of it looks fishy as I’ll get out! The lake is full, we used the east boat ramp and it was fine. The road getting there was muddy as hell, my buddies boat looked like it went through a mud bog! We only caught six fish today, but that front had just moved through. The lake seems quite a bit bigger than they say. There are a couple creeks that go quite a ways back. The amount of timber is crazy, the whole lake is nothing but standing timber and submerged timber. I can’t wait till this spring to get out there and see what the lake really holds!
    If you go West on the Glenco Blacktop before your turn North your gravel road trip isn't too bad.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Xpress H-56 Yamaha 115

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast