Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy909 View Post
    Made it to lone chimney today and all I can say is DANG! Where does one even start on this lake? Yeah it’s small, but every bit of it looks fishy as I’ll get out! The lake is full, we used the east boat ramp and it was fine. The road getting there was muddy as hell, my buddies boat looked like it went through a mud bog! We only caught six fish today, but that front had just moved through. The lake seems quite a bit bigger than they say. There are a couple creeks that go quite a ways back. The amount of timber is crazy, the whole lake is nothing but standing timber and submerged timber. I can’t wait till this spring to get out there and see what the lake really holds!
    If you go West on the Glenco Blacktop before your turn North your gravel road trip isn't too bad.

Xpress H-56 Yamaha 115

2. Member
    That’s the route I took when I went out there.

Chimney was low long enough to have an unbelievable amount of willows, brush and weeds grow up. From what I've seen the last couple years, there have been some incredible spawns. The future looks bright if it can keep water in it and the meat hunters don't butcher it. Don't fool yourself into thinking there aren't many fish left in it. I thought the same thing given how long it was so low, but it's got a healthy population along with a some good ones still.
    I was down there Saturday also and was surprised how good of shape it was in. Usually a cow pees hard enough and it turns the lake to chocolate milk.
    Now, just move along here...

4. Member
    I see an article this lake is really low, can you even get a boat in it right now?

Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    I see an article this lake is really low, can you even get a boat in it right now?
    How old of an article? It's been full for the last few years. i was down there a couple weeks ago.

6. Member
    Article dated August 2019, so current. Sure makes it sound like that lake would be almost dry right now. I thought the same thing, every lake I know it’s full because of all the rain, but apparently that lake is used for drinking water, just curious if anybody could verify if a boat could be launched or not

https://www.newson6.com/clip/8188806/payne-county-declares-emergency-over-lone-chimney-lake-level

Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    Article dated August 2019, so current. Sure makes it sound like that lake would be almost dry right now. I thought the same thing, every lake I know it’s full because of all the rain, but apparently that lake is used for drinking water, just curious if anybody could verify if a boat could be launched or not

https://www.newson6.com/clip/8188806/payne-county-declares-emergency-over-lone-chimney-lake-level
    That was in 2013. Not sure why that video is dated new. I went yesterday and it’s completely full as it has been for the last few years.

8. Member
    Klinger did you do any good?

Caught a few but it was tougher than I hoped. Stupid road was muddy as hell going in and dusty when I left.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12