BBC SPONSOR

Big Bass Tour - Lake Murray - Oct 20/21

Up this weekend!

Check out this pre event breakdown from FLW pro Anthony Gagliardi

https://bigbasstour.com/news/2018/10...-bass-beatdown

2. Member
    Something tells me that it is not going to be that easy. His prediction makes it sound like you should be able to catch fish anyway and anywhere you want.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SRYE View Post
    Something tells me that it is not going to be that easy. His prediction makes it sound like you should be able to catch fish anyway and anywhere you want.
    I agree. Got a feeling the overall results will be worse than the previous years.

4. Member
    Yes fishing is tough for sure some people have it figured out unlike my self...
    high school tournament took 19 pounds to win 3 weeks ago and 15 pounds the past 2 weekends I think.

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy T View Post
    I agree. Got a feeling the overall results will be worse than the previous years.
    We've been to Murray for 7 years now in the fall and everyone complains about how the lake is fishing, yet every year the results are roughly the same. 7-5lb fish in the top ten and a 3lb fish to get in the money. It just takes one fish gents, that's the benefit of the format. www.bigbasstour.com/results

6. Member
    Either way I’m looking forward to fishing it!!

7. BBC SPONSOR

8. Member
    Please don't take my comments as complaining. I haven't even been on the lake in 3 months. My post was strictly saying that Gagliardi's preview made it sound like the fish were going to be easy to catch. I am just happy to have the opportunity to fish with dad for two days.

9. Member
    Bought a new Tundra today. And i am planning on driving back to Santee with the new Nitro on Sunday. So my pRtner (son) says.

Lake Murray is terrible this fall. My buddy caught a 4lber and got some cash in one of the hourly slots. I have been fishing it regularly the last 5 weeks. Extremely tough to catch any bass at all!! I would love to know the secret for fall and winter down there. This is my favorite SC lake in spring and summer. Fall/winter it just kicks my butt!

And NO , it never fishes like Gagliardi predicts it will!
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KHNC View Post
    Lake Murray is terrible this fall. My buddy caught a 4lber and got some cash in one of the hourly slots. I have been fishing it regularly the last 5 weeks. Extremely tough to catch any bass at all!! I would love to know the secret for fall and winter down there. This is my favorite SC lake in spring and summer. Fall/winter it just kicks my butt!

And NO , it never fishes like Gagliardi predicts it will!

Fluctuating water level and the fact that the lake is overrun with stripers would be my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Alive View Post
    Fluctuating water level and the fact that the lake is overrun with stripers would be my guess.
    But how can that be? Its MANDATORy to keep every striper you catch all summer, right ? LOL! Not really, but people post that constantly, because they can not read the regs properly. But yes, i agree, lots of stripers in the lake for sure.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

13. Member
    Stripers are the pet fish of the SCDNR. I do like to catch and eat them don’t get me wrong but I feel that in the DNR eyes they are not viewed as vital to SC sport fishing as the striper and hybrids.