Newer engine/transmission and affect on value?

Having a discussion with someone over this topic. What’s your opinion on an 15+ year old vehicle and it’s value if the body/frame has over 200k miles (and shows it) but has a crate engine 60k ago and rebuilt transmission 4K ago? Are you willing to pay a few hundred above average book value due to that? Paperwork available on transmission but currently MIA on engine.
    1995 Ranger 487VS / 1998 Mercury 200 EFI

I can write you a slip tomorrow that’s says I actually slid a brand new truck under your old truck if you want

It’s worth a little bit more

Had a guy bring in all sorts of repair slips to get me to give him more on his trade .. unfortunately all his repair slips were in sequential order with dates all over the place lol

3. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    crate engine 60k ago means nothing... tranny 4k ago just means to me that it operates as it should.. no extra from me for those repairs..
    Last edited by lakefolk; 10-15-2018 at 07:23 PM.

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    ctate engine 60k ago means nothing... tranny 4k ago just means to me that it operates as it should.. no extra from me for those repairs..
    Agreed.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow