Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Can you help with new boat

Hello friends,
    I just purchased what I believe is a 1993 Champion 184 Contender with 150 XR6 This is my first "true bass boat" and need some expertise on a few things please! I have attached a pic of the back and see what I believe to be 2 drain plugs, an aerator inlet and not sure about the other. I haven't had her in the water or got a chance to fill the split livewell so was curious what I had on the back here. Also, I have 2 fuel tanks and didn't know if there was a switch somewhere to run off a certain tank or if they both are tied together. I tried the bilge pump and didn't hear it running so do I have to pull a tank to get to it? Any advice or info on the 184 would be GREATLY appreciated!!
    I have been reading on the forum and know you guys know a WHOLE lot about these great boats. I'm new to BBC so please don't beat me up too bad!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Welcome and congratulations on your Champ!! Our gang will be along to answer any questions!!! Really glad you joined us!!

Those colors are called Copper/Sand. Popular for a lot of years.

4. Banned
    I’m having to guess here, but the left screen should be a livewell fill pump and I bet the right is the same thing, looks broke off. Middle bottom center hole is the drain and the center right is probably the overflow drain.

It has front & rear livewells, right?

5. Member
    Grout
    It has 2 live well lids behind the back seats. Think they call it a split live well because it has a flip up divider in it. No front live well, just rod storage on each side and dry storage in between.

6. Member
    Thank you MMosher

7. Member
    Just for conversation sake, I think it is a 180 based on the shape of the console.

8. Pat Goff
    Yup...180.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

9. Member
    Max cap is 175hp. I didnt see the 180 in the 1993 model list so guessed it was a 184. Now you got me asking the question of classification. Boat hull I.d is TSB19215H293. Is it a 92 or 93? I think I saw that all Champs made after July were classified as the next year. This boat I think according to the hull was made in August. Help me Lord, I’m all confused now!

10. Banned
    Made in 92, titled in 93.

11. Member
    Thanks Grout! I really appreciate your help!

12. Banned
    I have no clue on the livewells. I guess it’s the typical setup with the screened one being the intake to the livewells, ones an overflow and the others the livewell drain. Bottom is still the hull drain.

Surpised nobody said where the fuel switch should be, I have no clue on that model. I know the 94’s had them in the splashwell.

13. Member
    Thanks guys! I had wrong model!

14. Member
    I will have to fill the live well and see what's what Grout. Too many bells and whistles on this thing....my old 76 SkeeterHawk didn't have a whole lot of extras!

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AIMHIKEL View Post
    Hello friends,
    I just purchased what I believe is a 1993 Champion 184 Contender with 150 XR6 This is my first "true bass boat" and need some expertise on a few things please! I have attached a pic of the back and see what I believe to be 2 drain plugs, an aerator inlet and not sure about the other. I haven't had her in the water or got a chance to fill the split livewell so was curious what I had on the back here. Also, I have 2 fuel tanks and didn't know if there was a switch somewhere to run off a certain tank or if they both are tied together. I tried the bilge pump and didn't hear it running so do I have to pull a tank to get to it? Any advice or info on the 184 would be GREATLY appreciated!!
    I have been reading on the forum and know you guys know a WHOLE lot about these great boats. I'm new to BBC so please don't beat me up too bad!

From left to right....Livewell fill, bilge drain, livewell drain, livewell overflow.
    Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

16. Member
    Ed
    The seller said he used 2 drain plugs on the transom. Would they be for the bilge drain and which other hole?
    I have never had a boat with a built in live well and really appreciate all the help! I just don’t want to take her out and have it sink to find out it was a drain plug not put in!

17. Member
    Probably put a plug in the live well drain because livewell drain valve leaking and filling up live well.
    Bruce Phillips
    1995 190 DC champion ......1995 200 xri merc

18. Banned
    ^that would be my guess as well.

19. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Actually, the last 4 digits of the HIN mean built in 92, but is a 93 model. It does not mean titled in 93. The model year changes mid-summer, so H293 means built in August of 92 and is a 93 model.

20. Member
    So if I plug the bilge and live well drains I should be good to go? Thanks for your help! BBC rocks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast