St crois legend glass crankbait rod

Looking at the 6,10 model for squarebills, traps and small to medium dive crankbaits.
    1) medium or medium heavy? the medium felt really light.
    2) chronarch MGL 63:1 or 7:1?

What say you?

2. Member
    i dont have the 6'10 model i have the 7'2 medium and 7'4 med hvy . i use the medium for small square bills and lighther cranks on rip rap and not so much brush and other heavy coer banks i usuall throw dt 6s on this rod. The med hvy gets the traps, dt 10s and such. iwould go with the med hvy considering throwing square bills around cover is usually hand in hand if you are going to just fish open water with it the medium would do great. i have bantams 6;3 ration reels on my rods.

3. Member
    Thanks,
    I am excited to get this rod as I miss my old glass crankbait rods. I lost a lot of fish this year on squarebills I am hoping by swapping hooks and going to a more forgiving rod will be the ticket.

I like my st croix mojo glass rods, and I have read the same thing from mojo to tournament glass and that is- st croix glass comes across as "over stated" on power. I agree and feel as a med/heavy is only a med.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

5. Member
    Please post a follow up . I'm very interested in getting a square bill crankbait rod.

6. Member
    Still havent pulled the trigger, felt both the 6,10 medium and medium heavy and am torn on which action to get for close quarter squarebilling. I can tell you the rod feels fantastic is light and very well built. I use a 7ft medium ghost graphite rod right now and it is really almost a medium light, I like it but I want glass. I don't think you can go wrong with either I just need to make up my mind. I want to pair it with a chronarch MGL in 6:2:1.