Talquin Lake Hurricane Effect

Hey guys,

First off, thoughts and prayers for anyone who was effected by that Hurricane. I feel awfully bad for you all.
    My parents just rented a house on Lake Talquin for 4 months starting January- I was just wondering how that area was? If the lake was messed up badly or houses messed up badly.

Any info appreciated, again I hope this doesn't come off as insensitive speaking about a vacation in a time like this. That's why I promise you my first statement is one of truth- thoughts and prayers for you guys.

Thanks,

Sam
    Last edited by schlosser65; 10-15-2018 at 01:09 PM. Reason: accidentally hit enter.
    2017 Nitro

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    I haven't been around the lake since the storm has passed thru, I'm about 20 miles south east of Talquin. Mostly power is outages, but they should be OK by then.

3. Member
    Talquin is fine. It's a little high from the rain but there are still plenty of ramps to choose from. Seminole on the other hand is a mess. The storm pretty much hit it head on as a CAT 2. The Spring Creek channel is NOT safe. The high winds broke loose a lot of the stumps and timber and moved them around the lake, lots of floating debris right now.

4. Member
    Oh wow, they normally go to seminole all winter. I'm sorry to hear that. I've spent several weeks on seminole on vacation- it is a wonderful place. Especially Spring Creek.
    2017 Nitro