Thread: Our Vacation

Our Vacation

Well it started out with 3 days at Disney and man it was hot but we got to ride all the big rides we wanted and the kids had a blast as usual, left there around 5pm and drove to Mexico beach had 2 good days of weather even though the red tide was brutal on the throats, the morning fishing sucked compare to years in the past but the weather was nice,come monday visited some locals at the grocery store they wasnt worried about the hurricane seing it was only a 2 and said they was staying and it would be great once it passed through. well at 6pm they told us we had to leave by 11 that the entire county area was being evacuated, the wife wanted to stay to see if it would change and i was like no we got to get going or we will be stuck, So packed up everything including the groceries we just got for 9 days and headed out. Thank God we did!!
    Trying to salvage a beach vacation the wife found an affordable room in Bilox no offense to anybody that lives there but the beaches and water suck there it was so nasty!!!the kids stayed in the pool and drove down to a fishing area and i was shocked at the amount of trash just piled up everywhere and broken bottles. So we decided to drive into New Orleans and Wow that place is something ive never seen so many drunks and homeless people walking around drinking pints and cussing and hollering. ate at some place famous for there benes or donuts they was very good, then ate the the Gumbo house it was pretty good got some gumbo and a pasta with crawfish and cheese sauce it wasnt bad.Then caught some jazz music in a park. Next drove back more of the same ate at the ruby slipper because it was the closet and everybody had to use the bathroom wasn't impressed at all with that had grilled fish over a grit cake and wide had shrimp and grits wasn't to good at all. took a trolley to the grave yards but they was closed by the time we got there so rode round trip back by that time it was getting pretty vulgar for the kids so went back. Got up early the next day and went back more of the same we was waiting on a tour for the grave yards and saw a guy sell a bag of weed to another guy then he decided to roll a blunt and fire it up i told the wife and kids lets go LOL my daughter couldn't understand what that smell was LOL went on the tours which was really cool actually with alot of history. we then had to cross Bourbon street which was already in full swing with drunks and people smoking weed every where and made our way to the Acme oyster house had charbroiled oysters and a fried soft shell plate which all that was very good!!Not a town for kids for sure and i didn't much care for it now that im older maybe 20 years ago it would have been fun. left there around 4 and drove home. The kids had a great time got a major learning curve about Dangers and bums my daughter couldn't understand why a man had a sign wanting money to buy weed ,when she said all he has to do is go over thee and pick all he wants
    But our hearts go out to the people affected by the hurricane and Mexico beach that was our place we loved to go every year and to see it now is just heart breaking!! we already have reservations for next October to go back so maybe it will be open and if we do go back while the kids are on the beach i may try to help out if they need it.

If we go back to Louisianan it will be a planned trip with some pointers from my friends here for sure!!

How about the Gulf Shores, that area trashed by the storms also?

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    A buddy of mine is at his condo there right now. He has posted pics on FB. Looks all good.

Quote Originally Posted by warcry View Post
    A buddy of mine is at his condo there right now. He has posted pics on FB. Looks all good.
    Thanks brother

The wife and I was there last Saturday through Tuesday and they closed the water on Monday before it hit. It was looking pretty rough but doesn't look like they got hit near as bad as further east. We decided to leave a few days earlier because of the incoming hurricane.
    Stroker DC21 Mercury 250 XB

6. Member
    we couldn't find anything that night at an affordable price. but i think its mostly good and got missed by the bad stuff