Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Promises of greatness... Did you listen to the Ike Facebook announcement, all you needed to know what said by one of the pros that reluctantly agreed.

Its ok you can still be a fan of the “show me the money tour”.
    Why would I take any "One" persons opinion as the end all.. Seems a bundle feel it was the best decision for them.

Personally I hope all are successful its more for me to watch on TV while working.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Why would I take any "One" persons opinion as the end all.. Seems a bundle feel it was the best decision for them.

Personally I hope all are successful its more for me to watch on TV while working.
    lol, because it’s more than 1 person. You said there was no pressure, that’s incorrect.

3. Banned
    Duckett was the butt of a lot of jokes here on the BBC... JM is one of the most hated guys in the bass fishing retail world...Now they're the "saviors of bass fishing" and defender of the downtrodden bass pro... Dan

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    lol, because it’s more than 1 person. You said there was no pressure, that’s incorrect.
    But didnt you say "all you needed to know what said by one of the pros " ?????????

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    But didnt you say "all you needed to know what said by one of the pros " ?????????

Yeah that there was PRESSURE! Simple enough, listen to the show.

and that was a typo by this over priced phone, supposed to say, “was said by one pro”.

6. Member
    For me the MLF shows grew old after a few seasons. I enjoyed when BASS live became a thing.

7. Member
    All joking aside, if all were asked to commit to 3 years, and they don't have a championship next year, I'd think they're missing out. Only 2 classic type events in 3 years, wonder if they knew that?

8. Banned
    The championship was supposed to have been the big money, right? $500k or something like that?

9. Member
    They are still having the championship, but the 2019 championship just will not have an expo like the classic. I get that some people want this to fail, but I'm not one of those. While I do not like everyone involved, I hope it succeeds. It will be more fishing to watch and learn from.

Unless I am mistaken, the pros who went to BPT are not necessarily committed for 3 years and there was no non-compete agreement that they had to sign. On the other hand, BPT did commit to the pros for 3 years..."join us and you will be guaranteed to be on the BPT tour for 3 years without being cut."
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BBReb View Post
    They are still having the championship, but the 2019 championship just will not have an expo like the classic. I get that some people want this to fail, but I'm not one of those. While I do not like everyone involved, I hope it succeeds. It will be more fishing to watch and learn from.
    Don’t let facts get in the way of bashing something none of us really know anything about! By god we’re going to hate this new thing just as much as we hate anything else that changes or someone trying to better themselves!

12. Member
    Is MLF the one where the winner is decided by who catches the most 1lbers?

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    If it is greener on the other side its usually because its fertilized with BS. I think a lot of these young guys got pressured into this deal.
    Me three.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    Duckett was the butt of a lot of jokes here on the BBC... JM is one of the most hated guys in the bass fishing retail world...Now they're the "saviors of bass fishing" and defender of the downtrodden bass pro... Dan
    Good point there!!!
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

15. Banned
    What is Wicked Weasel's thoughts on this?

16. Banned
    Always thought women were the ones who could be more jealous and hate more than men but it is not so.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Unless I am mistaken, the pros who went to BPT are not necessarily committed for 3 years and there was no non-compete agreement that they had to sign. On the other hand, BPT did commit to the pros for 3 years..."join us and you will be guaranteed to be on the BPT tour for 3 years without being cut."
    Yes this has always been my understanding. They said point blank they would not stop anglers from fishing other circuits. They also said it was a 3 year commitment to the anglers selected.

The whole there is a non - compete I believe is just a rumor. Now I do believe they are under a non disclosure agreement.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123