Question Prop Recommendations

Good morning,

I have a 2008 Basscat Cougar FTD with a 2008 Mercury Pro xs on it. I am currently running a 25p fury 3 on it and tournament loaded I am running 77-80mph at 6000rpm. I use my boat to captain for a lot of High school kids in my area and my question is what prop would you recommend running with 3 people and all the gear? I have been running the 25 fury and getting good speed (73-74mph) but I am hitting the rev limiter. I want to find a prop that will help keep the rpm's down.

2. Member
    I have a Fury 26P that I would sewll.

3. Member
    For carrying that load, I would run a 27" Bravo XS. Holeshot with a tuned Bravo with any load is no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan99 View Post
    Good morning,

I have a 2008 Basscat Cougar FTD with a 2008 Mercury Pro xs on it. I am currently running a 25p fury 3 on it and tournament loaded I am running 77-80mph at 6000rpm. I use my boat to captain for a lot of High school kids in my area and my question is what prop would you recommend running with 3 people and all the gear? I have been running the 25 fury and getting good speed (73-74mph) but I am hitting the rev limiter. I want to find a prop that will help keep the rpm's down.
    I suspect the motor it to high since the speed dropped so much and the rpm went up with the additional load. Drop it 1/2 in and try again. What gearcase so you have
    I would expect about 74 mph at 5900 with three people on board with a 25 Fury
    You might want to call Ronnie gilbert at 337 380 1437 and discuss getting the Fury right for your rig. He is the master with Fury props on basscats
    Thank You Leon Pugh

5. Member
    Bravo is a better prop for your load.

6. Member
    I believe I have the torque master gen 1 but I am not for sure. I have a hydraulic jack plate on it but taking it down seemed to have no effect

7. Member
    If it was my boat I would run a 4 blade prop, 25 pitch for the boat/load. You will
    want to work with a prop guy to tune the prop for your boat/load. Set it up to
    turn 6,000/6,100 rpm during the cold months and 5,800/6,000 rpm during summer
    months. Now, the 3 blade prop can have cup put in the blades to cut down the rpm and
    may add 1mph to your speed.The cupping stops the prop from slipping and may hurt the
    hole shot a little. i agree with what has been said about the Bravo prop.

8. Member
    Thanks guys for the tips. I tried a 26p Fury 4 this weekend for the high school tournament I captained for and it ran 75mph with 3 people tournament loaded at 6000rpm

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan99 View Post
    Thanks guys for the tips. I tried a 26p Fury 4 this weekend for the high school tournament I captained for and it ran 75mph with 3 people tournament loaded at 6000rpm
    Well it sounds like you found the right prop!!
    Just can't leave well enough alone!!

98 Stratos 273 w/ 150 Faststrike