Pressure Needed to Make a Roller Bearing Fail?

At what amount of pressure do Roller Bearings fail? I hear all the time about guys locking their drag down and I’ve always wondered what kind of toll this takes on these bearings?

If you have a good quality built reel the frame and gears should be fine for the most part. But are there “super” bearings out there made to be more durable under these stresses? Or do most Rollers have the same tolerances?

2. Banned
    Many of factors that cause parts like gears and roller clutch bearings to fail. Mostly its due to negligence.

The drag setting on a baitcaster has no effect on the roller bearing...they serve separate functions in the reel. Most roller bearing failures that I have come across are due to inner race or roller wear...or corrosion/debris in the bearing. Packing a roller bearing with grease or oil will cause the anti-reverse feature of the roller bearing to stop working...they work the best when run dry. If there is flex in the handle shaft or the frame to cause a load on the bearing then I could see it potentially failing...but I have not seen this personally.

WEAR, is the most common factor involved, or someone cleaning and or lubing the clutch itself. WEAR plus COLD are the two most obvious issues. That said, extreme applications like heavy punching and or big swimbaits can also cause "shock" failure. Dan
    " Serious Service for the Serious Angler"