Thread: Ultrex Issue

Ultrex Issue

Went out yesterday and had issues with my brand new Ultrex spot lock feature. Only the 3rd time out on a brand new boat, no issues with it previously.

When I put the TM down at the first spot it beeped at me pretty steady for a couple minhtes then went away. After about 10 min the beeping started again. Reset the TM at the unit, then on its main power. Seemed to fix the issue. After about 20 min it beeped steady for a while. Turned it off while I made a run. Next spot, no beeping but the spot lock button and N heading button we’re both non responsive. Didn’t even beep when you pushed them. TM worked, just without the added features.

End of the day it suddenly beeped at me out of nowhere. Spot lock button responded, but wouldn’t stay in the location.

It it was cloudy yesterday, but I feel that the unit would have beeped at me an not just been non-responsive.

Sorry for for the long read but wanted to be detailed to troubleshoot any issues. Has anyone seen this or have any suggestions?

2. Member
    Called Minkota and they asked the reading on the i pilot remote to troubleshoot. The remote reads no motor and when going through the pairing instructions, the trolling motor head is seemingly non-responsive. No beeps and no progress in pairing with the remote.

For a a brand new TM it seems a lot of headache. Anyone have experience with this issue previously?

3. Member
    Off hand, I would suspect a controller issue -- or low voltage. It needs to go to an ASC with the batteries and trolling motor in the same condition as to when you came off the water (batteries not recharged after being used in a days fishing).
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

4. Member
    Was able to trouble shoot with a Minkota rep on the phone. Given the fact it wouldn’t pair with the remote, he advised it was most likely a bad GPS board (?) and it would be covered under warranty, getting it fixed Wednesday at a ASC.

5. Member
    There is no GPS board in a MinnKota. I'm sure he was talking about the controller.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]