Buying camp sites ???? Green River Lake

Anyone familiar with camp grounds that sell camp sites near GRL? Friend is looking at doing this near Cumberland and it got me thinking about what might be out there near C-Ville.

2. Member
    I dont know about selling them, but lone valley (state park) rents them out for a full year. I know people that have had the same campsite for years running if that would interest him
    They aint got hands, set the hook

A coworker of mine who recently retired owns a campground not far from Smith Ridge. I know he does long term rental because there was another coworker who lived in his campground for almost 3 years.

4. Member
    Long term might be all thats available down there. I was just surprised when I heard my friend speak of buying sites near cumberland. Heck they are looking at building a deck and roof over the camper.

5. Kentucky Bass Club/Trailers & Towing Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Long term might be all thats available down there. I was just surprised when I heard my friend speak of buying sites near cumberland. Heck they are looking at building a deck and roof over the camper.
    There are several around Cumberland that are annual but will let you build a deck and put up a shelter etc. We had ours at Lake Cumberland RV Park near burnside for a couple of years. Some people get really extravagant with them.

6. Banned
    I would be very hesitant to purchase a campsite at any campground. Such operations have a history of being undercapitalized, and many campgrounds fail to stay in business.

We have small ownership in a member owned campground with deeded ownership. And we're very well capitalized and managed. I pay $420 yearly service charges and can camp 14 days a month for free. It's a great deal. My RV stays there year round (with 300 other RVs) for $32 a month. We call the campground and they move the trailer on site for us.

At most campgrounds, I would just be renting a space.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    I would be very hesitant to purchase a campsite at any campground. Such operations have a history of being undercapitalized, and many campgrounds fail to stay in business.

We have small ownership in a member owned campground with deeded ownership. And we're very well capitalized and managed. I pay $420 yearly service charges and can camp 14 days a month for free. It's a great deal. My RV stays there year round (with 300 other RVs) for $32 a month. We call the campground and they move the trailer on site for us.

At most campgrounds, I would just be renting a space.
    So I guess im just not following what you are saying. You say dont buy as they could go out of business which is a good point. But you also seem to say you do indeed own a deeded camp site.

I guess im just not understanding your arrangement. Sorry im not the sharpest tool in the shed.. LOL

I think the key factor in possibly "owning" a single camp site within a camp ground, is what kind of guarantee you have for your slice of the pie in the future.
    If you build you a cover and a porch and Bubba sells out to Bubba Jr., and Bubba Jr decides he don't want "permanent" fixtures in his camp ground, well then you are in a pickle.

If you ain't renting, then all your utilities may wind up being quite a hassle, I don't know.

I've had a camp at two different Parks on Toledo Bend for 19 years. I own the trailer and rent the space.
    I've been through 3 different owners and one of them was a real turd, reason we left there.

I think what you need to look for "if" someone is selling individual camp sites, is a binding contract for your site, no different than regular real estate.

"ain't too smart.....but I'm always thinkin"