7612 SideVu settings for 50 -100 feet.

Can a member share unit settings for using SideVu optimized for 50-100 feet of water,

Brightness? Contrast? Interference? TVG settings? Anything else I should know for maximizing detail?
    Ranger, Z520c with Mercury, 250 Pro XS
    Garmin & Minn Kota

Quam's Marine, Stoughton, WI

2. BBC SPONSOR
    What transducer are you using?
    Chad Phillips
    BassBoatElectronics.com
    Ultra Marine Service - Mercury Outboard sales and service
    1-800-931-9926
    1230 Topside Rd. Louisville, TN 37777
    Showroom & Office Hours M-F 8a-5p

3. Member
    The settings you mentioned as well as range are on the water settings. What works on one lake may not work well for you. My lake is a clear water lake. In a lot of places, I can look over the boat in 30 FOW and see the bottom. It's like manually setting the focus on a camera. Start with the defaults and then tune it in. Ordinarily I'd do range first, then brightness, contrast, interference, tvg in that order. I'm sure there are others more expert on this than me. If they follow a different sequence I'd be interested in knowing how they do it.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

4. Member
    I'm using a Garmin GT-30 transducer. I'm assuming 800 MHz will give me the most detail?
    Leonard I know you do a lot of deep freshwater fishing.
    Last edited by Binder; 10-22-2018 at 12:04 PM.
    Ranger, Z520c with Mercury, 250 Pro XS
    Garmin & Minn Kota

Quam's Marine, Stoughton, WI

5. BBC SPONSOR
    I have found the 455kHz to give the best images. Especially in deep water and for covering a large area of the bottom. The lower the number on your frequencies the farther it can travel. I have an image on our social media that shows the difference in 455 and 800 on with the CV52. The 800 kHz distorts the bottom where as the 455 does not. I ran the GT-30 last month on our demo boat and didn't see the distortion of the bottom that I typically see with 800kHz. I would start with seeing the image difference you get with just the frequency then dial your settings in for the image quality you desire. Water conditions change and so will your settings. I would also recommend looking at the different color schemes. I typically like the Midnight Blue over the factory Amber. If all fails you can "restore sonar settings" under the Installation tab! I have found that other than the color scheme these sonar defaults work really well.
    Chad Phillips
    BassBoatElectronics.com
    Ultra Marine Service - Mercury Outboard sales and service
    1-800-931-9926
    1230 Topside Rd. Louisville, TN 37777
    Showroom & Office Hours M-F 8a-5p