Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1. Member
    2nd marriage, no kids with first wife. My wife is 17 years younger than me, we had our daughter when I was 44, she is 5 now and I wouldn't change a thing. I will say the age thing can play with your head a bit, but I am a very young 49. If you have any doubts about having a kid, don't do it. It is a ton of work and lots of sacrifices to be made. My mom and dad were married and divorced twice. My dad was never around for me much, left us when I was 3 years old. I love him and still see him a fair amount. Growing up if I wanted to spend time with him it was fishing and that was it, he never played catch with me, never came to see me play ball, hockey, wrestle, football etc etc......it was fishing or nothing. He went on to have a girl and 2 boys with his 2nd wife. Now divorced from her too. My mom had two daughters with my step dad. Yeah, the holidays are a real treat......I guess where I'm going with this is that if you're on the fence about it, don't do it. All of my time is devoted to my daughter and I wouldn't have it any other way, but it isn't easy. I guess my dad not being there for me has made me a pretty good dad, but it's hard to give up hobbies you are passionate about to spend time with your kids and do the right thing.

2. Mississippi River Rat Kittycat2012's Avatar
    Ive got 17,15,5,2 year olds. Its alot easier now that I'm older than it was when I was younger. Money may have something to do with it and being divorced from the first one helps too
    2023 Basscat Eyra
    Mercury pro team - Humminbird - Bobs - Power Pole - Garmin
    Hammer Rods
    The Tackle Trap

http://www.hammerrods.com/
    http://tackletrap.com/

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TR21Bassin View Post
    Everyone can make their own choices and everyone doesn't have to have children. Great to see other people judging others.
    Try not to judge, but when people say the stuff they say hard not to.

4. Member
    I don't think my patience would allow me to start all over again.

5. Banned
    39 and having a girl in January. 8 year old son already. No worries. My dad had me at 40 and my sister is 4 years younger. My wife was worried about being 39 and having a child. Until her Dr. (who is near 70) said "don't worry about it my mom had me at 48 and that was many many years ago... Lol"

6. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I think you guys have hit the nail on the head on the reasons why I'm thinking about a kid. I have been going for years with no desire but over the last year or so, seeing other children growing up in the family has really had me thinking. I'm constantly seeing things in my daily life that I almost wish I had a kid to share with.
    And I already have dogs and a boat.......just an FYI.
    Thanos was the hero

7. Member
    Very good topic, I’m 33, wife is 29... we like the idea of having kids but haven’t been in a rush. From my standpoint there’s going to be sacrifice of some sort either way young or old. From my perspective the decision is based on do you want to have kids someday AND are you ready to be a parent. I know plenty of people who have them and haven’t decided yet.... My opinion, have them when you feel ready and deal with the challenges they bring.

8. Member
    My answer was Yes until I read how old you guys are. Lol. Me 37. Wife 38. Our only child just turned 5.

Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    I think you guys have hit the nail on the head on the reasons why I'm thinking about a kid. I have been going for years with no desire but over the last year or so, seeing other children growing up in the family has really had me thinking. I'm constantly seeing things in my daily life that I almost wish I had a kid to share with.
    And I already have dogs and a boat.......just an FYI.
    Kind of where I sit now as well. I'm 32 and she is 30. We've been content just being dachshund parents so far.
    2017 Legend SS 1860 Semi-V
    2013 Evinrude Etec 150/105 jet drive
    Minn kota Ultrex Quest Trolling Motor
    Humminbird Helix 9 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N (console)
    Garmin Echomap Ultra 106sv with LVS32 transducer (bow)
    YouTube: youtube.com/Etec86

Quote Originally Posted by smithlakebass View Post
    Try not to judge, but when people say the stuff they say hard not to.
    pffft
    I think the new secret color is "A-Rig"..........

11. Member
    Like I said one thing to remember is it's not as simple as going at it and boom pregnant. May happen first try, but alot of couples take time. If yal have any doubt that you may want children I would say just let whatever happens happens. Being a dad is a great. Some days I want to swerve and center up a pine tree lol but more days then others are great. I would not trade not being a dad for any worldly thing and I would not put any worldly thing in front of my kids. Everyone has their opinions and everyone has their own choices to make. I can promise there is thousands of people out there that wish they were able to have a child. It is a blessing
    Last edited by smithlakebass; 10-15-2018 at 04:42 PM.

It's not really a fair question though. As a general rule, nobody would dare claim to regret their own kid. It makes no difference what the time, place, or scenario is....just won't happen.
    I think the new secret color is "A-Rig"..........

Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    Do you really want to be pushing 60 and having to deal with a kid in high school?
    I am not having any issues, we snowboard together, play lax, MT bike, Hell his grandfather at 82 could bury most in the woods. It's all how you go after life.

14. Member
    No kids, tried but did not happen. Now, in our 70's we wish things would have worked out better.
    s

15. Member
    Doesn't matter the circumstance a child will change your life. Some people dont want to give up their life to have kids. Same with following God people afraid itll change their life. Bash me if you want but it's the truth.

16. Banned
    We had one at 28 and although 55 now, We try for another child 3x-6x a week .. I only do "it" for the kids, its all about the kids (who in many cases will be the ones sticking Mom or Dad/both in YeOldeFolksHome™ when they start sucking up the bandwidth/minutes)

Quote Originally Posted by K-DAWG View Post
    I didn't get married until I was 36 and she was 28. When I was 38 I told her that if we didn't have any kids before I turned 40 we were not having any. My little girl was born 3 months before I turned 40. I think not having kids at a young age has really worked out for the best. I had been working the same job for 21 years so, I was well into my career. Plus, being older I am much more patient, understanding and caring. The Wife wasn't quite as far along as I was career wise but, in a very good job. So, we were in a much better place financially to have kids. I am glad the kid thing didn't come along until later in life. We vacation every year have money for X-mas, B-days. We don't struggle like you see a lot of young families do.

This

18. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    I'd blow my brains out if I found out I was going to be a father again after age 55.

19. Member
    I didn't want kids with the way the world is. But before I hit 30 I got blessed with a son. Best thing that happened to me in my lifetime.

20. Banned
    Wish I had waited till 40 to have my son.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast