Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    My married "kids" are asking the same question, is it worth it to have kids? That can only be answered by you, but when they ask me that question I always tell them it is up to them, but I would hate to see them miss out on the blessing that they are in my life. It can't be explained, only experienced, but all the work becomes a labor of love when those babies and toddlers are yours. Empty nest now, but man did we have a lot of fun coaching basketball, baseball, going to watch 5yr old gymnastics, conversations around the dinner table Christmas mornings, Halloween costumes that my wife made for them. (One year my 3 yr old son was a skunk and I tied the tail up with fishing line to opposite shoulders, his tail wagged from side to side as he walked, so stinking cute and makes us laugh to this day!) Yeah, can be frustrating at times, but now some of those frustrations are some of the funniest stories when we get together. I am so rich, and I am not talking about the houses, trucks, cars, boat, etc., I am rich because I have experienced a father's love, a daughter's love returned to me when I walked them both down the aisle, a son that I am so proud of. Those things are priceless! My kids are abut to be 30, 27, and 22 and have become some of my best friends. I can't imagine what my life would be like now without them, but empty comes to mind.

Had my last one at 41 and she is now 12.

98 Bullet 20XD
    225 Pro Max

3. Member
    well said, really 2 questions in the original post- do you seek children, what impact does age have on the decision.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

Had my daughter at 36 and my son at 40. I wish we had them sooner but I didn't meet my wife till I was 33. We weren't sure if we wanted children but it was easily the best decision we ever made. I can't imagine my life without them. It does bother me that we had them later in life and that was something I never thought about in my 30s.

It was the right decision for us but if you're going to do it, start working on it tonight.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

Don’t do it. They can run faster than the hover round you will be sporting.

6. Member
    Little late to this thread but I’ll be 50 come January 1 with a 3yo little buddy that’s the absolute greatest treasure that my wife and I could ever ask for. It’s never too late to share your love with a little one and they absolutely do not care how old you are. You will be the greatest thing in their eyes as they are to yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Tx 201 View Post
    My married "kids" are asking the same question, is it worth it to have kids? That can only be answered by you, but when they ask me that question I always tell them it is up to them, but I would hate to see them miss out on the blessing that they are in my life. It can't be explained, only experienced, but all the work becomes a labor of love when those babies and toddlers are yours. Empty nest now, but man did we have a lot of fun coaching basketball, baseball, going to watch 5yr old gymnastics, conversations around the dinner table Christmas mornings, Halloween costumes that my wife made for them. (One year my 3 yr old son was a skunk and I tied the tail up with fishing line to opposite shoulders, his tail wagged from side to side as he walked, so stinking cute and makes us laugh to this day!) Yeah, can be frustrating at times, but now some of those frustrations are some of the funniest stories when we get together. I am so rich, and I am not talking about the houses, trucks, cars, boat, etc., I am rich because I have experienced a father's love, a daughter's love returned to me when I walked them both down the aisle, a son that I am so proud of. Those things are priceless! My kids are abut to be 30, 27, and 22 and have become some of my best friends. I can't imagine what my life would be like now without them, but empty comes to mind.
    Absolutely the greatest blessing.
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

8. Member
    Super helpful thread. I’m 38 and my wife is 35. We don’t have kids but are entering “now or never” phase. I’ll admit if she said she didn’t want any I wouldn’t hesitate not to. My problem is after 38 years I’m comfortable with the way I operate. So I’m nervous of how all this new found responsibility will affect me. It’s refreshing to read of other folks having kids at my age and not wanting to back their backs and head for the hills afterwards!

9. Member
    like Rodney Carrington said "go to Chuckie Cheese on a Saturday and you will get yourself a dog"

10. Member
    Kids change your life, change everything. All of your priorities get shuffled around... for most folks, having kids is the greatest experience of their life and they wouldn’t change it for anything. I wouldn’t. It’s been awesome and difficult. However, for some folks unwanted kids destroy an otherwise healthy marriage. I feel bad for the kids on the teams I’ve coached with parents that obviously didn’t enjoy the parental experience.

After trying to have kids we adopted. I was 39 and my wife 46 at the time. Got my boy from China when he was 14 months. That was 8 1/2 years ago. We are married 13 years.
    We don't regret being parents "late" in life. My wife sometimes wishes she was able to get pregnant. I doesn't bother me as God had a plan.

When my boy was younger people would ask if he was adopted. Now when people ask I tell them no, that's what happens when you have sex after eating Chinese food.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

12. Member
    You dont know love until you hold your child. it changes your life. im 51 with a 9 year old. had my 1st at 20. I have way more patients and really appreciate the little things

13. Member
    Next summer, the GF's will leave for eight years at the university ... we will miss him.
    Only cure for the blues, non-stop travel to see the US national parks.

Seriously, if you are in question, don't do it. However, look at the positives only.
    Any negatives will be forgotten, kids are pretty cool to have around ... for 18.1 years.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456