Thread: Rain Totals

Rain Totals

From Jan 1st thru June I received 9" of rain, very, very dry Spring. In the past 45 days I've received over 12" of rain. Just need .25" more rain to reach our yearly average here. It's been a very wet Dove season, I'ts rained every weekend except 2 weekends. Sitting at 26.75" for the year as of now.
    Planted a bunch of wheat just before this last rain started and it looks great, might have the best wheat in years this time.

Hubbard Creek was right at 6' low at it's lowest this year, it's now 4.65' low and still rising a little.
    Last edited by Stompy; 10-15-2018 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    From Jan 1st thru June I received 9" of rain, very, very dry Spring. In the past 45 days I've received over 12" of rain. Just need .25" more rain to reach our yearly average here. It's been a very wet Dove season, I'ts rained every weekend except 2 weekends. Sitting at 26.75" for the year as of now.
    Planted a bunch of wheat just before this last rain started and it looks great, might have the best wheat in years this time.

Hubbard Creek was right at 6' low at it's lowest this year, it's now 4.7' low and still rising a little.
    That's not fun for the dove hunters but great for your ranch. Glad to hear you are catching up on your rainfall. I have put down rye seed 4 times now to try to for erosion control. Every time I spread the seed I get 2 or more inches of rain within 24 hours and it floats away. I hope I only get a little rain this time for the seed I put down Saturday.
    Bernard
    2012 Pheonix 921 - Yamaha 250 SHO

3. Member
    I'm glad you're getting your share!
    Looked like you were under a big storm yesterday around 3pm. We were on 20 and could see it north of Cisco. I told Wayne you were probably getting it.

Ivie has come up 1' 8" since Thursday

Best news yet. I heard Oak Creek overflow is head that way. Is this correct?

Yep, we will get the overflow from Oak Creek and both Ballinger lakes.

Glad to see Ivie is heading in the right direction for a change!

8. Member
    All those levels are sounding good. Our laws need the water.

9. Banned
    I'm happy to you are catching a little water Jerry

10. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I haven't kept YTD totals, but have gotten 6.5" in the past 2 weeks, with 1.9" of it falling last night. My run off goes to Catclaw Creek, eventually making it to Ft Phantom, which hit full pool on Saturday. Unfortunately that over flow along with that from Stamford will drain to PK. Would be nice for that to go to HC. for more rain on the Colorado & Concho watersheds.

11. Banned
    Between Elm creek and the Colorado there is 2100 flowing in right now. Lake looks different from yesterday evening to tonight, Priase God.

Last month I had 6”, so far 7.5” for Oct. Water has been running off my place since Saturday.

Ivie is up over a foot since noon yesterday

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by elm creek View Post
    Ivie is up over a foot since noon yesterday