1998 Johnson J225STLECS 225hp Question

Couple of questions maybe someone can help me with . I have owned this motor for the last 5 years , Had mulitiple tune ups done replaced the power pack and rebuilt all 6 carbs in the last 2 years . Tune up 2 weeks ago, with very little use (unfortunately) I think I have a fuel delivery problem. When I start the motor it idles high for about 4-5 minutes then kicks down and stalls , fires right back up but will stall again if i don't put it into gear and go. this is a constant . But this year about once an outing(5-6 this year) when I put it into gear and give it gas it sputters out and stalls and will keep doing so until I rev up the rpm's and slap it into gear and it usually will push through the sputter and go like there isn't a problem , won't do it again 3-4 starts the it will happen again . Anyone have any idea what i'm dealing with

Thanks for taking the time to read this and for any advice you may have Thanks again

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Sounds like you need to perform a Link n Sync

3. Member
    Thanks ChampioNman I sent you a pm asking you to explain what that means thanks again