I am not very good at this.....

My son (13) and I got up early Saturday morning (at Gaston). In the boat and headed out by 7am. Stop at first spot and I hang up on first cast. That's ok out early (for us) and plenty of day to go. Get that unstuck and son get a backlash. Not just any backlash but one of the ones that after 10min I just cut the line.
    Still good, we got all that out of the way early, right? Well we fished rock, grass, points, coves, docks and well everything else we saw. Tried crankbaits, chatterbait, spinnerbait, jig, soft plastic swimbait and couldn't buy a bite.

I caught 1 on a crankbait. He was an overachiever!! Maybe 6" and he was clinging to a 5xd for all he had. Kinda admired the little guy. Guess we should have changed to drop shot or something like that but did not. Just keep moving and chucking and winding. Did lose a new swim jig. Was on rod that had the backlash earlier. Casted and line snapped, in 2 places. REALLY!! Could only laugh at this point.

All that and I am thinking is my son is going to be bummed about today. We get back and he thanks me for taking him, takes care of everything with boat and tell Mom he had a great time! Was a GREAT DAY!
    Semper Fi

2. Member
    You may not think your fishing skills are good, but your dad skills are off the hook!! (pun intended) Great job, dad!!

3. Member
    My brother went out Saturday as well. He caught 4-5 in the morning and 2-3 in the evening. Two were shorts all the others were 12-15" Not a good day. He caught a couple on a spinnerbait but most came off a buzzbait mid creek in Great creek in the backs of coves.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

A bad day of fishing beats a good day of just about anything else.
    Look at it this way it adds to the stories you tell the grand kids if you are so blessed

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basser2be View Post
    A bad day of fishing beats a good day of just about anything else.
    Look at it this way it adds to the stories you tell the grand kids if you are so blessed
    AMEN!!!!!
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

6. Member
    sounds like you are pretty good to me.
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums