Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Co-poly? Silver Thread AN40 for me.

2. Member
    I understand NYLON monofilament and FLUOROCARBON monofilament line, what are the co-poly lines you are referring to made of?

oe

Quote Originally Posted by John Jackson View Post
    Co-poly? Silver Thread AN40 for me.
    Do Co-Poly lines have the same stretch and physical characteristics as floro?

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OkobojiEagle View Post
    I understand NYLON monofilament and FLUOROCARBON monofilament line, what are the co-poly lines you are referring to made of?

oe
    Co-Poly is short for Copolymer. It's basically different form of mono that blends two or more different nylon strands instead a single type. Both are Nylon fishing lines, just have different properties.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Reynolds View Post
    I had a bad experience with floro when it first came out so for the last several years, I have been using braid/mono for all my plastics and straight braid for jigs and frogs. This year, I had several occasions where I got out fished with guys using floro. In most of the cases, depth or current was a significant factor. I was concerned that I was losing contact with my lure because of the “line float” on the braid. After reading your post, I loaded 2 rigs with floro and bought the line conditioner. I really like the feel with the floro, the line seems heavier causing it to sink more quickly and more directly to the target and I seem to stay in contact with my lure better.
    My catch rate is also up.
    Now the question: what brand of floro has the least tendency to coil? I use the line conditioner the night before each use and it is acceptable but I wonder if some lines are better than others.
    I prefer Seaguar Invisx, holds up well. Close 2nd for me is the BPS brand (used to be KVD brand) it made by Seaguar but is a little stiffer. If you want to empty your wallet Seaguar Tatsu is hands down the best but almost double the price.
    Please release me,let me go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12