Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SEAHORSE View Post

Because the fuel does not go through the crankcase like on a traditional 2-stroke, you do not get any cleaning action around the piston rings which is where cleaning is needed.

Because the motor is direct injected, it is sprayed at the sparkplug where it is instantly ignited and cannot perform any cleaning action.
    Does this mean it is a waste of time running Evinrude Carbon Guard in my E-TECH (E150HSLAAB). If the answer is yes then is there a way to do a light maintenance cleaning. I am not interested in a full decarb because I run XD100. It's my understanding I should not need a full decarb. I was just thinking I could do a light maintenance cleaning...or maybe I am overthinking this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Then can you explain how the 2+4 is supposed to work any better ?
    I will tackle this one the best I can...Evinrude 2 + 4 is a fuel system stabilizer with cleaning agents. Its purpose is to keep the fuel system clean of varnish, gum and deposits. Plus it also helps prolong the life of stored fuel. It's recommended everytime you add fuel to your boat. Over a period of time sitting fuel can absorb moisture. Fuel sitting for long periods in the injectors and the fuel lines will deteriorate and become corrosive. 2+4 exact purpose is to combat that. There is zero carbon cleaning agents in Evinrude 2 + 4 Fuel Stabilizer so if it only enters the chamber at the time of spark it has already done its job because it job is done in the tank/line/injectors.

3. Member
    Ok guys, after some consultation with a few people, including the Fuel Injector Man himself, I have decided to forgo the Sea Foam treatment in lieu of the Evinrude Engine Tuner/Quicksilver Power Tune into the cylinder method. Thanks for all the feedback and comments! Let you all know the results after.
    Chris
    =====================================
    2004 Ranger 521VX, 2013 ETEC 250HO
    8" Atlas Hydro Plate, 25p Tempest+
    Hotfoot/ProTrim/4-bank Dual Pro
    2x Blade Series Power Poles
    Minn Kota Fortrex 112
    Lowrance HDS12 Carbon & Gen3
    =====================================

4. Member
    Startron ring clean is good also !
    1996 Champion 181 DCX ELITE