Felt like winni....

So I fished Pawtuckaway yesterday. It was my birthday and I have always fished on my birthday since I was 7. With the rain and 42 degree temp as you can guess we were the only boat on the lake. So I role into my last spot of the day, a long point to a marker, and what shows up 20 ft away from my boat, yup some dude thinking he is an Olympic swimmer. Never saw another boat on the lake all day but this guy spent 15 minutes swimming next to my boat. Seriously I give up, give me some hard water so the idiot's will migrate south.......

Yup. They're still out. Went to Kingston last week, one guy spent about 20 minutes unloading his kayak and then arranging his tackle.
    I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chefdlh1972 View Post
    Yup. They're still out. Went to Kingston last week, one guy spent about 20 minutes unloading his kayak and then arranging his tackle.
    I watched 15 bass boats pull out of the lake in less than 10 minutes on Newfound yesterday. I feel like we should record something like that one day and make it mandatory for EVERYONE that uses a boat launch, to watch it.

4. Member
    What was the winning weight on Newfound Saturday?

5. Member
    8 for 16+ lbs. 2nd and 3rd didn't have a limit but both pulled 13.8 something and 13.1 something. Myself and Travis pulled 4th with 8 for 12.86 lbs. It was a brutally tough day

6. Member
    Wow, thoughs are some numbers. Makes me feel better about the last time i was out there.
    2004 Ranger 521VX with 2019 Evinrude G2 250 H.O.

No thanks I don't want any hard water.
    My last 3 trips out were to 2 different places.
    I was the only boat out there except for a trip around the shore line by a water front home owner.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TMG View Post
    No thanks I don't want any hard water.
    My last 3 trips out were to 2 different places.
    I was the only boat out there except for a trip around the shore line by a water front home owner.
    Oh please tell me it was THAT homeowner's place.

Quote Originally Posted by FTMS View Post
    Wow, thoughs are some numbers. Makes me feel better about the last time i was out there.
    I did waaaay better the weekend you and I were out there. I wish I didn't have to leave, I was on 'em. We hit a lot of the same spots for the tournament and still found bait, but instead of being spread out over a large area, the bait balls condensed down into clusters, and those clusters were spread out everywhere. I think that, and the cold front, really threw the fish off hard. I marked some fish here and there, and got a few to nose up to my bait and just sit there looking at it for a long while, but couldn't get them to commit to a bite. It was frustrating. Oh well. I did catch my first lake trout though, that was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by 603bass View Post
    Oh please tell me it was THAT homeowner's place.

No sorry it wasn't. It was lake X
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 603bass View Post
    I did waaaay better the weekend you and I were out there. I wish I didn't have to leave, I was on 'em. We hit a lot of the same spots for the tournament and still found bait, but instead of being spread out over a large area, the bait balls condensed down into clusters, and those clusters were spread out everywhere. I think that, and the cold front, really threw the fish off hard. I marked some fish here and there, and got a few to nose up to my bait and just sit there looking at it for a long while, but couldn't get them to commit to a bite. It was frustrating. Oh well. I did catch my first lake trout though, that was fun.
    That weekend the bait was everywhere but finding the fish that where eating them was tough. I went down the sand brake at the launch and just about the whole way there was bait but only one or two spots that I actually found fish. Should have the new parts for the boat this week and will hopefully get out this Sunday.
    2004 Ranger 521VX with 2019 Evinrude G2 250 H.O.