Thread: Prop Advice

Prop Advice

2013 520C with a Mercury 250 running at 2 1/2" below pad (#3 on the tape). I'm running a Fury 26 right now and the performance is awesome when I'm by myself, but once I add a passenger and load up the live well, it is a total dog to get on plane. I've heard you can drill extra 1/4" holes above the current vent plugs to help with the hole shot, but it's so slow out of the hole I'm skeptical it will make that big of a difference. I can't imagine lugging the motor all the time to get on plane is great for the motor. If I went to a 4 blade (Fury 4), should I be looking at sticking with the 26 pitch or drop down to a 25?

2. Member
    25 fury

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by schinkr1 View Post
    2013 520C with a Mercury 250 running at 2 1/2" below pad (#3 on the tape). I'm running a Fury 26 right now and the performance is awesome when I'm by myself, but once I add a passenger and load up the live well, it is a total dog to get on plane. I've heard you can drill extra 1/4" holes above the current vent plugs to help with the hole shot, but it's so slow out of the hole I'm skeptical it will make that big of a difference. I can't imagine lugging the motor all the time to get on plane is great for the motor. If I went to a 4 blade (Fury 4), should I be looking at sticking with the 26 pitch or drop down to a 25?
    Running a heavy load stick with the 25 should do fine and yes adding those extra holes will help hole shot a lot, you might give Mark Croxton a call for his views!!!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerRodney View Post
    Running a heavy load stick with the 25 should do fine and yes adding those extra holes will help hole shot a lot, you might give Mark Croxton a call for his views!!!
    If I go to a 4 blade Fury then, go with the the 25?