Couple questions on new engine.

Our new pontoon (ordered in June) has been sitting at the dealer waiting for the engine. The engine is a 200hp V6 XLDTS was ordered at the same time as the boat. After two missed delivery dates Mercury said it would ship mid November! Then all the sudden it shows up last week! Great, now I can get some fall fishing in. But I am curious, can someone tell me from the Ser # 2B590854 the date the engine was actually built?

Also the dealer says I should wait until the factory warranty is about up to purchase any additional coverage. He says you get a better deal then, opposed to now, does that sound right? I was thinking like most things it would cost more as time goes on so buying now would be better.

Thanks

Engine was manufacturered 10/03/2018. Warranty depends on the dealer really. You won't get any 2 dealers give you the same #. Typically it's cheaper if you buy it when it's registered though. Contact Don and he'll give you the best pricing first & it'll save you $$$
    Last edited by 21xTriton05; 10-15-2018 at 06:53 AM.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Drop me an email with serial number and I'll be glad to price Platinum Coverage for you.

Coverage cost INCREASES with time (it doesn't get cheaper).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Thanks for the info. They sure don't sit on them, built the 3rd and shipped out the 5th. It hits the water tomorrow.

Don, I'll shoot you an email on the warranty.