Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wvbassmaster View Post
    Jacob Wheeler showed up at a tournament local to me 2 years ago and of course won the thing and a nice check of $10,000. yeah there was some salty faces but in my eyes it will make you a better fisherman......
    Lots of pros fish the local events around here and I hear this all the time....How will it make you better? Will you quit your job and fish all week practicing? Will you go out and buy the newest and best boat, equipment and electronics? How exactly does getting your ass beat by a guy who does nothing but fish make you a better fisherman??? Shit cracks me up

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

2. Member
    I have never understood fishing against pros makes you better. If you are going to catch 20lbs you are going to do it regardless who is or isn't fishing. Dumb logic.. if you were physically playing a sport again a team. Football baseball basketball etc, then yes better competition will make you better. Fishing against someone does not but maybe help your pride and ego if you happen to beat them.

Quote Originally Posted by smithlakebass View Post
    I have never understood fishing against pros makes you better. If you are going to catch 20lbs you are going to do it regardless who is or isn't fishing. Dumb logic.. if you were physically playing a sport again a team. Football baseball basketball etc, then yes better competition will make you better. Fishing against someone does not but maybe help your pride and ego if you happen to beat them.
    Dumb logic to me is worrying about who you are fishing against. Go catch your fish and worry about that. Do your job and the rest will fall into place.

4. Member
    It’s not like the pros tell you how they caught them that day

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C0MRAD View Post
    Knowingly breaking the rules to gain a competitive advantage is cheating. Not reading the rules is just being a dumbass.
    Yep this^^^^^^^^^
    Semper Fi

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveDyer View Post
    Lots of pros fish the local events around here and I hear this all the time....How will it make you better? Will you quit your job and fish all week practicing? Will you go out and buy the newest and best boat, equipment and electronics? How exactly does getting your ass beat by a guy who does nothing but fish make you a better fisherman??? Shit cracks me up

Yep, like high school football players playing a college team.

Quote Originally Posted by smithlakebass View Post
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Dumb logic to me is worrying about who you are fishing against. Go catch your fish and worry about that. Do your job and the rest will fall into place.

FACT!!!!!

9. Member
    I don't understand why everyone is so afraid to fish against a "Pro" they have to go out and catch fish on the same body of water under the same conditions as everyone else. I love it when a tour pro fishes the same local tournaments that I do it gives me a little extra motivation that day.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123