Cheapest place to buy St Croix

Just like the title says looking to purchase a few new St. Croix rods, who has the best deals on these rods? I searched around and didn’t find much. Thanks for any help

So, the cheapest place would be the St. Croix factory store. That being said, if you want “new” but don’t care that the rods have a 1 year warranty, you can order factory seconds for half off. I bought a brand new legend tournament this year for $130. You can order from the factory store.

3. Member
    Do they have a online store or do I need to call?

No online store at this time, but you can call. It’s something they just started doing.

5. Member
    Sounds good thanks for the response! I’ll give them a call tomorrow!

No problem!

7. Member
    I called the factory store and the person I talked to said you had to be a walk in customer to buy the factory seconds.

Wait for the Black Friday sale at Tackle Warehouse. I bought 2 Legend Tournaments last year with a 20% TW discount plus a coupon for another $5.00 plus free shipping. As low a price as I’ve found, amd ive got 12 SC rods. Tackle Direct used to offer points for providing online reviews. I racked up enough points over a couple of years to get some deep discounts on several. Haven’t looked that program in a while. Might check it out. They carry a big selection of SC rods.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy's Bullet View Post
    I called the factory store and the person I talked to said you had to be a walk in customer to buy the factory seconds.

That funny cause I also called today and the guy I spoke with and said I can purchase over the phone and they will ship for 20...

10. Member
    I bought about just waiting for Black Friday but I hate waiting! When I want something I want it now lol. Oh well I guess if I save enough it will be worth it !

11. Member
    Did you ask about the factory seconds?

Aren't the "factory seconds" and "refurbished" rods usually rods that have had a broken tip and repaired...which changes the action?

As an old many I used to work for said, "You don't always get what you paid for, but you always pay for what you get".
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

You can buy factory seconds, called B stock rods, one year warranty for half off. I know for a fact you can now order those over the phone. The guy you talked to must have been short on coffee that day.

14. Member
    I called today and that is what he said, I talked to the wrong guy. Will try again.

15. Member
    Just like what wrenchnbass said, like I said I called and talked with a guy , he asked his boss and they said the sure do. The guy said the b stock rods have just cosmetic issues and a lot of times they can’t even see them . Only thing differently I was told was they are around 25-30% off of the bass rods...